Overview / Responsibilities Senior Environmental Advisor - Knutsford Based
Wood Power Solutions UK is recruiting for a Senior Environmental Advisor with Electricity Transmission and Distribution, Overhead Lines, Underground Cabling and Civils experience within the UK Onshore Construction industry to join the team on a permanent basis. The opportunity will ensure the Power Solutions Environmental Management System remains compliant with ISO 14001:2015, UK legislation, Wood standards, Environmental and sustainability requirements. Join a culture of innovation, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients.
As part of the opportunity you may be required to attend various sites throughout the UK.
If all of this sounds good to you, review the typical responsibilities of the role and the requirements of the position below, then follow the link to apply and start your journey with Wood. Responsibilities:
Skills / Qualifications
- Provides environmental performance reports to Power Solution leadership, (business and projects), as requested.
- Provides input on environmental and sustainability matters to bid submissions and Power Solutions tender packages.
- Assists in supply chain appraisals / bid reviews, e.g., for approved subcontractors and managed contractors.
- Prepares and maintains project-specific Environmental Aspects and Impacts registers, Environmental Management Plans (inc. site waste management), etc., being fully aware of the project conditions / commitments.
- Highlight to Project Management any potential issues that may impede or otherwise disrupt the project schedule.
- Inputs to project emergency response plans.
- Establishes and conducts regular risk-based site inspections and audits to provide assurance to the business that Project Environmental Management Plans are implemented properly and remain fit for purpose, including but not limited to compliance with licences, consents, and waste management.
- Be available to organise and facilitate joint inspections / audits with clients and other stakeholders.
- Ensure assurance activities are documented, with corrective actions assigned and completion timescales agreed.
- Open actions are to be tracked to completion and signed off.
- Acts as the focal point for environmental and sustainability issues within Power Solutions and externally with client representatives, regulators and other interested parties.
- Acts as a lead for investigations into environmental incidents, including near misses.
- Monitors project site waste management performance plus water and energy use and emissions and ensures all data is recorded and retained.
- Develops and roll out environmental management awareness campaigns, training, toolbox talks, etc.
- Ensure the reinstatement and restoration of sites is fully understood, planned into programme and documented.
- Ensure site water management is planned ahead of operations to prevent pollution.
- Investigate environmental incidents that occur on the Project, report findings and actions required including (if required) comments from regulators, lessons learnt from incidents should be briefed following investigations.
At Wood, we understand and acknowledge that everyone is different, and we are committed to equal opportunities and want to access all of the talent that is out there. We are committed to attracting a broad range of skills, knowledge and experiences and embrace differences.
So even if you feel you don't have everything listed, but feel you have some of the experience, knowledge or skills to help us unlock solutions to the world's most critical challenges....do apply. Expected:
- Environmental Degree (preferred) or Diploma
- Experience in the Constr uction industry with responsibilities similar to those shown above
- Ideally it is preferred that you hold NEBOSH, ISO14001 qualifications
- IT literate, (e.g, good working knowledge of MS Office applications, including Access)
- Registered Environmental Professional preferred
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.