Title: Planner Reports to: Project Services Manager Work Location: Offices in Brooklyn NY, Boston MA or New Jersey
Our clients are comprised of purpose-driven professionals dedicated to delivering its 5+ gigawatt offshore wind portfolio, strategically positioned to meet the growing demands of multiple east coast markets including New York and New Jersey.
Our client has three offshore wind energy lease areas totaling more than 262,000 acres under active development and is the largest offshore wind project in the State of New Jersey and the third largest project awarded in the United States. Construction will begin in 2024 and first power is expected in 2027. Project 1 will generate enough clean energy to power more than 700,000 homes and bring $848 million in guaranteed local economic benefits to the state.
Scope of Job: The Planner will hold a central role in supporting project management and value-decision making as well as reporting activities. Within the Project Services Team, the Planner will develop and build the Integrated Master Schedule, including supplier input, manage schedule analyses as required by management and lead peer-reviews (including supporting Cost and Schedule Risk Analyses), prepare and issue progress reports and propose corrective actions as needed, and generally support portfolio delivery within schedule.
Responsibilities: 70% - Planning
20% - Schedule controls and Reporting
- Develop and maintain of the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) as well as Management Level (L1 and 2) and Performance Level (L3 and 4) project schedules in Primavera, and the related assumptions book. Control quality and challenge assumptions, logic and durations.
- Organize and lead planning workshops, facilitating discussion between the team Leads and challenging assumptions to build and maintain a pertinent schedule baseline and additional scenarios where applicable
- Analyze different time schedule hypotheses / scenarios related to the project, including identification and incorporation of schedule contingencies
- Review, challenge and aggregate time schedule inputs provided by team Leads and other stakeholders, regarding actual and forecasted activities
- Review and challenge the main contractors time schedules, and incorporate in the IMS to appropriately track progress and risks on project delivery
- Participate to claim negotiations impacting the time schedule
5% - Coordination and optimization
- Propose and implement planning, scheduling and progress measurement processes within the Project, performing logic network planning
- Prepare and issue progress reports as required and identify hotspots, impacts of delays on the critical path, and potential avenues for optimization or course-correct
- Identify and address schedule risks, including Monte Carlo simulation and identification and assessment of potential alternative critical paths
5% - Other duties as assigned
- Lead schedule-centric peer reviews as applicable
- Generally, act as subject matter expert for the JV with regards to schedule development and progress tracking
- Implement solutions that educate and train internal and external stakeholders on schedule management best practices
The position requires strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to lead planning workshops. The Planner is expected to be an autonomous, self-starting team-player with an ability to (1) simplify and popularize schedule considerations to the team, (2) perform analyses and extract pertinent information from the IMS to facilitate management decisions.
Supervision of Others:
- Bachelor's degree in a Technical and/or Engineering discipline
- PMP Certification a plus
- 10+ years' experience in a large infrastructure project planning role, focused on scheduling experience for early-phase large infrastructure projects ($250+ million value)
- Experience in schedule risk assessment a competitive advantage
- Proficient in Primavera, additional experience in managing MS Project and PowerPoint Think-cell a plus
- Working proficiency in MS Office tools (PowerPoint / Word / Excel)
- Outstanding interpersonal oral and written communication, presentation skills required
- Highly motivated, self-starter, ability to work well with others and be a good team player
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural context and a fast-paced JV environment
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of organizational skills
Ability to travel every month to our clients or parent office for 3-5 days at a time. Additional travels to coordinate with technical teams or meet with suppliers as needed.
85% of time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers (frequent use of various Microsoft software/programs), phones, and general office equipment. Approximately 15% of the time is spent in offsite workshops or visiting our other clients parent offices, or trainings.
Reasonable accommodations may be provided by our clients to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Atlantic Shores commits to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion within the renewable energy sector by cultivating an environment deeply rooted in respect and inclusivity.
By embracing individual uniqueness and differences in perspective we aim to create a safe space for all employees regardless of race, sex, age, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.