HMH is a leading global provider of first-class solutions and services designed to offer our valued customers with the safer, more efficient, and reliable alternative. Our company vision drives an unparalleled commitment to quality and major economic advantages for our customers and stakeholders. HMH has a global span covering five continents with offices in 16 countries.
HMH is a frontrunner within developing and providing automation and digital solutions for our drilling customers to support their endeavor to improve efficiency and environmental footprint.
Equipped with its brilliant team of engineers, HMH is committed to actively explore opportunities in other industries.
For us, this means new opportunities and challenges that we need to solve together with our customer. To do this, we need creativity and great minds.
We are looking for a Service Technician/Engineer
to strengthen our team with Field Operations. Join us in our quest to solve tomorrow's challenges, as we innovate our future! What will you be doing in this role?
We are looking for a Service Technician/Engineer to gain knowledge of our equipment so they can support our customers in all aspects of Pressure Control Systems. You will be mechanically qualified and ideally experienced in a similar environment or have been working with hydraulic or drilling equipment. You will travel globally, both onshore and offshore, and often within quite tight turnarounds. Primarily you will be responsible for:
Providing installation, inspection, commissioning, service, fault-finding, repair and upgrade support to HMH customers onshore, offshore and overseas on various types of topside and subsea drilling equipment including MUX systems
- Provide on-site support and advice to customers on all matters relating to operation of HMH equipment
Who are we looking for?
- Prepare fully for each assignment, ensuring work scope is understood and adhered to, documentation has been prepared and necessary drawings collated prior to mobilisation
- Act as HMH focal point on site, communicating accurate information in a professional manner
- Prepare and maintain accurate technical reports for each assignment
- Ensure all pertinent information is fed back to onshore Field Operations team on completion of assignment
- Provide general technical input to customers about HMH equipment operation, maintenance, and repairs
- Maintain regular communication with the onshore services team whilst on assignment and on field break
- Arrange all travel to/from assignments as required
- Submit documented expenses for each project accurately in a timely manner
- Ensure training both internally and externally is completed in a timely manner
- Participate in and have input to risk assessment, Safe Job Analysis (SJA) and HSE observation systems
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally for sustained durations at short notice
- Subscribe to, and comply with, HMH HSSE guidelines, ensuring Just Rules are applied as a minimum standard of working
- Participate in the continuous improvement of processes and procedures relevant to job role
- Recognized qualification in a mechanical discipline
- Must be competent in reading engineering drawings and working to close tolerances
- Competent in all aspects of pressure testing systems
- Competent with hydraulic/electro-hydraulic systems
- Be self-motivated to work on own initiative planning for and locally project managing when required
- Function effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Flexible working attitude
- Excellent team working skills with ability to work effectively with different cultures
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.