Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a RBI/Inspection Engineer
for a 6 months contract to be based in Bahrain. Job Purpose/Summary:
To provide cost effective RBI inspections for equipment in accordance with the recognized technical, quality, safety and environmental standards in order to ensure safe and reliable operating facilities. Job Accountabilities/ Responsibilities:
Skills / Qualifications
- Coordinates RBI assessment programmes and liaise with the concerned engineers accordingly in order to properly identity deterioration mechanisms, corrosion circuits and establish proper investigation/inspection policies, plans and actions.
- Analyzes, reviews and evaluates RBI collected data and results.
- Leads the Team involved in the implementation of the Risk Based Inspection & Fitness for Service. These include evaluation of the corrosion damage mechanisms and address the proper mitigation techniques.
- Plans and establish Risk Based Inspection (RBI) programs and strategies for static equipment utilizing RBI methodology.
- Determines Plant equipment & piping criticality on the basis of RBI analysis and formulates strategy for reducing downtime.
- Monitors and evaluates the technical effectiveness of RBI studies, support RBI plant teams during and after the project phase.
- Prepares high quality written progress and technical reports in agreed format and conducts presentations on the RBI results to Management.
- Performs other similar or related duties as assigned, such as preparing introductory courses on RBI and preparing periodical and annual report on risk levels and the effectiveness of different methods to control them on all Plants.
- Participates in task force teams as and when required and contributes to solving issues under investigation/study.
- Reviews the RBI analysis, facilitates RBI review workshop and carry out audit on the RBI application.
- Ensuring all related data within the RBI software is accurate, up-to-date and well managed in accordance with the Corrosion Management Programs.
- Liaising with Inspection Engineers and Coating Engineer on failure and damage of equipment and piping in order to update the RBI database accordingly.
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Mechanical, Materials Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5+ years or more of relevant experience in RBI methodology, Corrosion Monitoring, Integrity Assessment and Inspection of static equipment and piping / pipelines in Oil and Gas field.
- Familiar with the materials, fabrication and inspection of static equipment and piping and able to understand and interpret the relevant International Codes, Standard and Practices.
- Experience working with API specifications such as: API 580, 581 Risk Based Inspection is a must.
- Skilled in various types of equipment and degradation mechanisms for various process units
- Must have excellent English communication skills; verbal & written.
- API 580 Risk Based Inspection certification.
- API 510 Pressure Vessel Inspector certification or API 570 Piping Inspector certification or API 653 Aboveground Storage Tank Inspector Certification.
- Welding Inspector CSWIP 3.1 or CWI.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.