Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has an immediate requirement for a Senior Consultant Engineer to join our Rotating Equipment and Reliability team. The role is based in Brisbane and reports to the team lead locally. This role is offered on a full-time permanent staff basis.
At Wood we have a world class engineering capability in the fields of Vibration, Dynamics and Noise (VDN) and our rotating equipment and reliability expertise sits within this wider group. We demonstrate technical excellence in resolving the cause and effect of vibration in rotating equipment and machinery providing engineering solutions for our clients.
We would like to connect with applicants who are enthusiastic about their field, are technically capable and thrive in a customer facing role. We value great interpersonal communication skills and welcome team engagement and contributions to the wider team experience and collective group growth. In working in this specialist team you will join other industry experts who are pushing the edge of technological envelope, working to communicate and broaden understanding of key technical challenges.
At this time, we will only consider applications from those who hold the right to work in Australia including Australian citizens, Permanent Residents or other working visas.
Responsibilities of the role will include
Please note that we are only able to accept applications from candidates who hold the right to work in Australia without restrictions. Skills / Qualifications
- Provide support, mentoring and technical reviews for colleagues in predictive and preventive maintenance practices
- Help solve challenging critical machinery problems using condition based data. Be the 'go to' person for our client's tough technical problems
- Perform advanced analysis of steady state and dynamic turbo-machinery data, using online machinery condition monitoring systems including Bently Nevada System 1, ADRE or similar
- Perform detailed analysis of balance of plant data using a range of portable systems
- Assist in maintaining and developing client relationships, including developing new business opportunities
- Assist with investigations, providing technical input for equipment failures and troubleshooting projects, alignments, balancing, ODS (Operational Deflection Shape) and RCA (Root Cause Analysis)
- Manage, implement and improve vibration, lubrication and thermography based predictive maintenance programs including on-site data collection, analysis and determination of recommendations for rotating equipment
- Execute maintenance strategies and programs for clients whilst seeking opportunities to improve them utilising the latest in data analytics techniques
- Identify opportunities to improve client plant reliability, availability and/or performance, collaborating with clients to turn to their advantage
- Assist with RCM (Reliability Centred Maintenance) and FMECA (Failure Mode, Effects, and Criticality Analysis)
It takes a diverse range of people to achieve the level of impact Wood has on the global energy sector. Please read the details below to review the list of skills and qualifications that we are seeking.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
- 7+ years practical experience of managing and implementing predictive maintenance strategies, including vibration analysis, lubrication, thermography, alignment and balancing
- Fully and currently certified ISO VCAT1 or higher, TCAT or LCAT certification would also be highly regarded
- Demonstrate diverse experience with balance of plant and critical machines
- Be client focused and able to create and develop robust and collaborative working relationships
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with high level English literacy, report writing skills and computer proficiency
- Familiar with the latest data analytic tools and techniques and a strong working knowledge of a wide range of rotating equipment
- Experienced across a variety of online vibration systems such as Bently Nevada System 1, Bruel & Kjaer Vibro Compass and Setpoint
- Experienced across offline vibration systems such as Emerson's Machinery Health Manager, GE's Scout / Commtest and Pruftechnik's Vibscanner / Vibexpert packages
- Experienced user of CMMS systems (e.g. SAP, Maximo, JDE)
- Proficiency in project management processes and commercial controls and committed to process compliance and practice management systems
- Highly motivated, self-sufficient individual who enjoys working as part of collaborative and supportive team
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.