We are looking for a Electrical Commissioning Senior Technician for our client who is active in the chemicals industry. This position's duration is 6 months and it is located in the Groningen area.Your responsibilities will be;To support the effective and safe commissioning of all site electrical systems as directedSupport delivery of the projects KPI'sAll electrical distribution equipment will need to undergo functional testing, which will be the responsibility of the incumbent.Hands on commissioning and troubleshooting the facility's electrical related equipment, and assist other disciplinesThe incumbent will be expected comply and complete tasks and in country electrical regulations.Work closely with the Overall Commissioning Manager, Commissioning team Leads, Safety Engineer and the Electrical Construction Supervisor. A focus on schedule and the support of pre-commissioning activities is key to collectively working towards the project's collective goals. Help to make sure the on-schedule handover and validation of all site electrical systems in accordance with internal and external regulation within the project schedule. The safe handling of electrical equipment and knowledge of the potential hazards is essentialWork closely alongside the client construction team, and construction contractors to ensure the achievement of the mechanical completion milestone.Keep abreast of and evaluate new methodologies, work practices, equipment, diagnostics, technology, etc., for application and use within the plant, highlighting their potential to your supervisorQualifications;
The Electrical senior technician should have a served a recognised electrical apprentice or equivalent and hold tertiary and or vocational qualifications equivalent to ONC/NVQ 3 minimum, supplemented by hands on experience of commissioning and or maintenance within engineering environments such as the power, petrochemical, steel, oil and gas industries, waste management or material handling.
Supplemented by the following:
- Experience of HV authorised person preferably with independent training
- Use of electrical test equipment including primary and secondary injection testing, insulation resistance tests relay programming applications.
- Knowledge of computer based applications (Microsoft Office) and a working knowledge of an Completion system (AP uses Go Completions)
- Experience of hazardous areas and ATEX compliance
- Familiar with EN standards, and specifically EN50110
- Able to read single line drawings, P&IDs and other technical documentation
- Able to troubleshoot and make good and timely decisions in pressurised situations
- Flexibility in changing priorities, workload and working hours
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.