The Field Service Engineer (FSE) - Microbiology Specialist's primary responsibility will be to provide routine to complex field service and support for our Sievers® brand endotoxin and bioburden analytical instruments. Field service and support will be provided at customer sites throughout the United States, with potential for occasional travel to Canada in support of Canadian customers. Support will include maintenance, verification, validation, repair, and calibration duties as well as troubleshooting operational issues and user training. This position will also be involved in providing field service and support for the Sievers® brand total organic carbon (TOC) instrumentation product line.
The FSE - Microbiology Specialist position will require frequent overnight travel in support of our endotoxin and bioburden customers as our product line and customer base matures. There will also be some requirement for overnight travel in support of our core TOC customers.
"This position will require residency within the metropolitan area of one of our pre-existing service territories and within one hour of an International Airport. Available service territories are North Carolina (NC), San Francisco Bay (CA) and Boston (MA)Key Responsibilities:
- Must be willing and able to travel domestically and have open availability Monday through Friday.
- Domestic travel 70% including overnight stays
- Travel to customer sites and perform installation, PM and related services on endotoxin and bioburden equipment, as well as support of services on TOC equipment.
- Plan, schedule and confirm customer services including coordination of travel and parts shipments for services
- Maintain admin duties, parts inventory, and relevant trainings
- Take customer calls, participate in territory sales rhythm calls, and service team meetings
- Respond to on-demand contract services with 3 or 7 business day response commitments for troubleshooting and repair
- Write clear and concise reports for customers
- Special projects and new hire training as assigned by supervisors
- Work closely with the Sales and Product Management teams for Bio detection to provide insight into new product introduction, customer applications, and sales opportunities of consumables & services.
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of safety on the job, including the operation and maintenance of an assigned company vehicle and comply with all Veolia Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) policies
We are looking for a resourceful person who is self-directed, enjoys working independently, and is attentive to details. One who is also excited and committed to extensive domestic overnight travel and willingness to be on the road during the week most of the year, someone interested in being a road warrior in support of our customers. An ideal candidate would prefer to organize their own planning, scheduling and confirmation of contiguous services while balancing varying priorities. We are looking for a candidate who would employ a scientific approach to the operation, maintenance, and repair of analytical instrumentation and is proficient at completing daily and weekly administrative responsibilities. Client focus and succinct & timely communication (written and verbal) are key elements for success in this role. We are looking for a candidate that is technically competent and has work experience in technical field support, customer support and experience in ultra-pure water applications or operation of analytical instrumentation in a lab environment.Core QualificationsRequired
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, or life sciences related field, or equivalent education
- 2+ years of work experience in Endotoxin and/or Bioburden testing, or other Bio detection protocols within the pharmaceutical industry or within a GMP facility
Other Useful Skills and Abilities:
- Domain expertise in pharmaceutical water quality testing, specifically bioburden and endotoxin.
- Hands-on experience with the use, support, and maintenance of bioburden and/or endotoxin analytical instrumentations and equipment
- Work experience in ultra-pure water applications or servicing and/or operating analytical instrumentation in a lab environment
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical related regulatory is highly preferred
- Strong technical, mathematical and customer service skills
- Working understanding of microbiology principles related to pharmaceutical water quality testing
- Understanding of cGMP/GLP and GDPs practices and EHS requirements of pharmaceutical lab and production environment
- Able to prioritize various tasks such as service of multiple instruments and administrative duties
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, ability to use processes to find root cause
- General knowledge of electrical equipment, chemistry, and safety
- Vision, manual dexterity, and coordination sufficient to service instruments and handle electrical equipment
- Computer proficiency with a minimum of word processing, spreadsheets, and basic network and data base knowledge
- Ability to use ordinary hand tools, calibrated tools, and analytical instrumentation, as well as handle chemically aggressive fluids, such as acids and bases
- Strong and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, with the ability to drive projects to completion with minimal oversight
- Proven ability to speak effectively before groups and customers, clients, and other employees within the organization
- Ability to meet deadlines and commitments
- Ability to communicate effectively and contribute within a commercial team environment
- Ability to make good business decisions based on risk-reward analysis and business objectives
- Ability to learn applicable company procedures within a reasonable time from start of employment
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule based on customer needs
- Drive a motor vehicle to customer sites - sometimes requiring significant drive times due to geographic locations
- Air travel required to reach customer destinations and back up support of other areas
- Ability and willingness to travel to customer's sites requiring overnight stays approximately 70% of the time, with short notice as required to perform services and to fulfill contractual response time commitments
- Use of laptop and mobile systems
- Regularly work around machines, electrical equipment, chemicals, and within industrial facilities
- Work at a variety of customer sites including clean rooms and laboratory environments requiring the use of clean suits/smocks, as well as outdoor industrial installations.
- Perform tasks requiring manual dexterity during tool use, handling small parts, and repair procedures
- Reach with hands and arms, below and above shoulder height
- Stand, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Work in industrial environments where background noise may be present
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Maintain driver's license and a good driving record
Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions (VWTS) is a worldwide leader in water recovery, treatment, and reuse. We design, supply, and service a range of water systems and monitoring equipment in industries ranging from pharmaceutical to food and beverage applications, and from microelectronics ultrapure water to municipal water and industrial wastewater treatment. We are one of the world's leading manufacturers of total organic carbon (TOC) analyzers and corresponding certified reference materials. Our ground-breaking endotoxin analyzer is the latest addition to our expanding analytical instruments portfolio. We strive to provide not only superior technology and design, but also outstanding quality, service, and application support. Please click here to learn more about our Analytical Instruments business.
At Veolia, we realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better results, and build stronger communities. We're an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every rung of the ladder and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Because our people are our greatest assets, we also offer competitive compensation and benefits that include:
****Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity****
- The salary range is tied to the market for similarly benchmarked roles. The range is not an absolute, but a guide, and offers will be based on the individual candidate's knowledge, skills, experience, and market conditions, as well as internal peer equity. Depending upon all the preceding considerations for the final selected individual candidate, the offer may be lower or higher than the stated range: $29 - $41/hr
- Health & Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan
VWTS does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting firms. All vendors must have a current and fully executed MSA on file before submitting candidates. Any unsolicited resumes and candidate profiles will be deemed the property of VWTS, and no fee will be due.