The team at Panametrics, a Baker Hughes Business, designs and manufactures a range of sensing instrumentation and sensors that that are utilized in a vast array of market segments. Panametrics is looking for a Lead Firmware Test Engineer
to work closely with our Embedded Software and Electrical Engineering teams to design, prototype, validate, and certify next-generation industrial sensing.
The Lead Firmware Engineer will be responsible for designing , developing and testing Embedded Software (Firmware), platforms and systems that control and runs on devices that need to be tailored to the needs of the hardware that it has to control and run on. Typically requires a deep understanding of the characteristics of the physical device being controlled, the realtime functions it is expected to perform and the ability to design, develop, implement, and test the logic and software required to realize the realtime functionality. Responsibilities:
- Ensures the quality of software products by creating and applying Embedded Software (Firmware) quality tests to a feature
- Develops new solutions under guidance and/or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations.
- Specifies needs, communicates about project approach and presents outcomes of research done.
- Leads analytical and design activities using proven technologies and vested approaches and methods.
- Requires developed and strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant technologies.
- Bachelor's degree (minimum) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent from an accredited college or university
- Demonstrated experience with digital hardware system design, including system architecture and interfaces
- Capable of concise and effective written and verbal communication
- Practical experience with design of industrial products
- Effective communicator within technical and non-technical environments
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to perform in a team environment, across functions, and with customer and suppliers
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward - making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.