Senior Contracts Manager Oil & Gas Aberdeen or NailseaDo you have the analytical and commercial skills to manage budgets and timescales on large, complex oil and gas projects?Are you an experienced contracts specialist with a flair for collaborating with customers to create innovative contractual solutions?Be a part of our innovative contracts team
Our team supports the business with legal, contractual, commercial and operational expertise and is responsible for negotiating major contracts, developing solutions for customers and internal governance to help the organisation achieve its objectives. Work in true partnership with the wider business
As a Senior Contracts Manager, you will identify and provide practical solutions to mitigate contractual risk and develop winning strategies. You will be responsible for the proactive management of the contract mechanisms, including client communications, variation pricing and scheduling, identification of project risks and opportunities. You will administer the applications for payment to clients, liaise with internal finance team and accurately forecast and report upon the project cash position.
As a Senior Contract Manager, you will also be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Reviewing complex contract documents and markup in accordance with established protocol and timing requirements
- Mitigating contractual risk while supporting commercial and organisational objectives escalating issues with established protocol
- Balancing commercial, operational and legal risks with business justification to identify contracting issues according to the company's guidelines
- Identifying recovery of lost delivery schedule time and maximising project margin target via variation process
- Registering, tracking and responding to warranty claims in accordance with contract
- Identifying potential contract claims and support claims manager with necessary information and evaluations
- Participating in Business Review meetings. Managing and supporting Contract Managers (direct reports)
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Demonstrate a successful track record in commercial/contract roles within oil and gas, complex heavy industrial or process industries
- Be able to present complicated issues in an understandable way.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate complex issues and contracts across all levels of the organisation
- Show exceptional analytical/critical thinking skills and a well-developed commercial acumen.
- Be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work to tight schedules and deadlines.
- Illustrate efficient interpersonal skills and ability to influence others within teams
- Have effective problem identification and solution skills
- Be self-motivated, highly efficient and professional
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills in English
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer flexible working patterns in accordance with regional policy.Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we must push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward - making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.