Overview / Responsibilities
Massy Wood is currently recruiting for a Construction Supervisor with extensive experience in the Oil and Gas Industry.
The Construction Supervisor is responsible for assisting project execution, ensuring modification performance regarding the delivery of work, assuring achievement of the plan in terms of quality, time and budget in compliance with the Company's HSSE and technical standards in an efficient and effective manner.
- Responsible for the quality, accuracy, integrity and timely issue of construction deliverables to MC1.
- Ensures that the Construction work scope is clearly defined, and risk assessed applying masterful application of scope optimization processes.
- Tracks the progress of all projects, reporting progress, concerns and recommended corrective actions promptly to the Construction and commissioning Lead.
- Responsible for ensuring proper readiness for site start.
- Develops and improves relationships between engineering, maintenance, operations and construction teams including Subcontractor Departments.
- Acts as the site focal point for all Construction and fabrication related activities (TAR's, Minor Modifications, Campaign, CAT C and Repairs Orders) within the assigned assets.
- Maintains a register/tracking tool for all TAR/Outage preparation requirements, activities, risks and actions.
- Interfaces with Construction Engineering and maintenance organizations to provide best fit solutions, early construction input to design process and Construction Workpack development.
- Identification of appropriate resources required to perform works and forward planning of resources, taking into account cross asset requirements.
- Responsible for input to project plans and schedules and achievement of agreed schedules, identification and corrective action relating to Project areas of concern during any Constructability studies or reviews.
- Responsible for assuring the complete documentation (GOC'S) of all implemented projects and ensuring that all Completion Dossiers are progressively signed off and accepted by all parties.
- Ensures that verified contractors have adequate and competent construction resources available to execute work and support commissioning activity within POB/POS constraints and plans.
- Accountable for the accuracy of work progress reporting by reviewing, monitoring and validating contractors and fabricators construction performance metrics and KPIs to reduce contractors NPT to improve wrench time and productivity.
- Ensure correct subcontractor daily resource are assigned and tickets line up with resources onsite.
- Responsible for capturing and sharing learning during the execution of projects.
- Ensure projects are carried out in accordance with applicable codes, specifications, industry standards and Client Site Technical Practices (STPs).
- Ensure QA/QC engagement in Engineering / Procurement / Construction.
- Ensure that all Massy Wood Group Subcontractors adhere strictly to all QA/QC requirements.
- Ensure that Field ITP's and Quality Check Sheets are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensures certification is prepared, communicated and signed off during TAR/ Construction.
- Responsible for attending or calling into daily project and operations meetings (Simops meeting).
- Responsible for generating and submitting timely, accurate daily reports to Construction and Commissioning Lead.
- Responsible for ensuring Subcontractors manage the site using proper industry Project Manager Tools in accordance to approved project budget.
- Responsible for day-to-day direction of subcontractors for their assigned activities.
- Plays an active role in risk assessments, progress and planning meetings.
- Review and accept site work packs for site execution.
- Perform all other job-related functions as required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma in Engineering or related field from a recognized university.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years' experience in construction / supervision in the oil and gas industry.
- Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information.
- Ability to delegate work assignments and give authority to work independently, set expectations and Monitor delegated activities.
- Knowledge of Construction/ Project Management tools and process.
- Knowledge of Construction planning, scheduling and reliability concepts.
- Proficient in Computer Applications including word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- National citizen or permanent resident of Trinidad & Tobago.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.