Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. By combining innovative digital solutions and predictable project execution we accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.
We have highly skilled, social, and creative people working in our Structural department. Wellbeing, communication, and hard work is important to us, and we work together as a team to deliver to our customers.
On behalf of Aker Solutions we are now looking for an Engineering for Procurement (EfP) Applications Engineer
who will be working with the EfP team at Fornebu Oslo on large oil and gas projects. Aker Solutions is a leading engineering and procurement company and the EfP team develops the methods and applications for the technical aspects of the procurement process.
This is a long-term contract role starting as soon as possible. What will you be doing?
You will work as part of a small EfP team together with experienced colleagues on the Valhall PWP project. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
We think you should have:
- Optimize, roll-out and manage IT applications tools supporting EfP working processes such as:
- Supplier technical requirements control.
- Supplier hardware deliverables goods status monitoring
- Supplier Interface Information management
- Assist Procurement and Engineering Management in alignment of engineering and procurement plans.
- Training of the engineering teams using EfP applications
- Participate in meetings with Engineering, Procurement and Supplier teams.
- Proposing and driving improvements in projects applications and tools
More reasons to work with us:
- Bachelor`s or Master`s in engineering/science or similar
- Experience with and ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary matrix organizations, seeking answers/advice/support as needed.
- Digital skills to work with custom-made IT applications and be able to work effectively with large data sets.
- Excellent Microsoft Office (mainly Excel, Word, Powerpoint) skills.
- Excellent Power BI skills
For more information about the position, please contact:
- Opportunity to grow your network and develop professionally by integrating yourself into highly competent teams within world-renowned organizations in the energy sector
- On-going support from our experienced recruitment and back-office support professionals
- Exclusive access to all Aker Solutions' project positions in Norway, with access to permanent positions when these are offered; we are the only company that has a frame agreement with Aker Solutions for project employments
- Fantastic office building with onsite canteen and training facilities
Adele MacDonald, Senior Recruiter NES Advantage, Email: Adele.MacDonald@nesfircroft.com
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions` global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services. As project employee you will be employed by NES Advantage Solutions AS, working for Aker Solutions.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.