Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting a Prinicipal Civil/Structural Engineer with extensive experience in oil and gas, hydrocarbon refinery, offshore, mining or infrastructure industries.
• Technically excellent engineer, with established skills and delivery capability.
• Extensive experience in the design of common structural materials as well as a good understating of current design standards and working practices
• Ability to translate his technical skills into imaginative ideas which enhance the quality of our designs
• Proven experience on developing projects from concept to construction stage.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills that can support our client relationships, assist in preparing bids and generally enhance our work winning capability.
• Experience of actively managing clients.
• Ability to manage and work to budget and program, to control costs and manage change control processes
• Flexible attitude to both the type of work undertaken and the level of responsibility given.
• Experience of working with and managing project teams.
• Ability to make decisions, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.
• A curious minded individual who enjoys the stimulation of exchanging ideas with others.
Skills / Qualifications
• Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering
• Chartered Engineer
• 20+ Years of relevant Experience in the industry
• Deliver multiple projects or parts of larger projects to completion, within budget and to program.
• Ensure the provision of efficient high quality structural engineering design.
• Be the first point of contact for clients, contractors, design team and third parties.
• Offer support and guidance to more junior members of the team.
• Effectively manage own time which may be necessary if allocated to more than one project
• Build client relationships and help identify business opportunities
• Be a technical champion within the team.
• Assist in managing the broader team through mentoring and training.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.