The position is responsible for performing water analysis using colorimetric methods, auto-titration systems, gravimetric methods, chromatography, and/or metals analysis and support senior staff with analyses. Understands and follows SOPs accurately. They are responsible for running assigned daily analyses, ensuring the accuracy of analytical results, and performing day-to-day work with limited supervision. Makes clear and correct decisions to improve personal productivity. Embraces safety and environmental polices procedures. Demonstrates flexibility, independence, and technical ability in more than one area.
This position is assigned to perform work on site at the Tomball Analytical Labs. Key Responsibilities:
- Communications/ interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Analytical Chemistry
- Ability to troubleshoot instrumentation
- Fundamental knowledge of water chemistry with experience in at least two of the following areas:
- Colorimetric Analysis
- Wet Chemistry (gravimetry / titrations / conductivity / turbidity)
- Metals Analysis (sample digestions, ICP, ICP-MS, AA)
- Chromatography (sample preparation, GC, GC-MS, IC, HPLC)
Other Useful Skills and Abilities:
- Associates degree or equivalent in Chemistry or Chemical Technology
- 1+ year prior laboratory experience in the analysis of water and wastewater using state-of-art analytical instrumentation.
- Must be able to communicate well, both in written and oral format
- Must work well in a team environment
- B.S. or B.A. Degree in Chemistry or related science
- 3+ additional years' experience in a laboratory environment or industrial environment
- Experience and knowledge in water chemistry and use of associated automated instruments.
- Excellent communication, problem solver and team player in a high-volume analytical laboratory
- Experience with LabWare LIMS software
- Proficiency with productivity software such as Microsoft Office and Google Workspace