Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Senior Well Engineer is responsible for the design, planning and application of well engineering standards in drilling and completions by integrating Weatherford well construction technologies, industry solutions and detailed analysis in ISP projects. The Sr. Well Engineer works closely with the Project & ISP Engineering Manager and the rest of the project team to prepare and execute the safest and most efficient plans to drill and complete wells.
Usually responsible for an engineering, or administrative function; directing several professional and other groups engaged in interrelated engineering, operational or managerial responsibilities.
Participates in short and long-range planning and take independent decisions for practical and economical problem-solving. May supervise large groups containing both professional and non-professional staff or may exercise authority over a small group of highly qualified professionals in complex technical applications.
Roles & Responsibilities
SAFETY, SECURITY & COMPLIANCE
- Maintains the highest standards of corporate governance, ensuring that all activities are carried out ethically and in compliance with Company's Security, Compliance & HSE policies, Management System, relevant laws, regulations, standards and industry practices, and complies with the Company's Rules to Live By
- Places Quality, Health & Safety, Security and protection of the Environment as core values while never intentionally placing employees, our processes, customers or the communities in which we live and work at risk
- Seeks continual improvement in Health, Safety, Security & protection of the Environment, taking into account responsible care, process vulnerabilities, public, customer and employee inputs, knowledge and technology and best business practices to exceed customer expectations
- Supervisors & Managers should demonstrate effective safety leadership for the health and safety arrangements of all subordinates and for any persons visiting them while on the Company premises.
- Responsible for being familiar with the Company's Quality policies and takes an active role in the compliance and improvement of Weatherford's Management System
- Maintains service quality as immediate priority when working across all areas of the business and continually seeks areas for improvement.
- Makes responsible decisions not usually subject to technical review, except those involving large sums of money or long-range objectives and takes action to expedite the assigned projects.
- Receives administrative direction based on organization policies and objectives. Work is reviewed to ensure conformity with policy and co-ordination with other functions.
- Assigns and outlines work; advises on technical problems; reviews work for technical accuracy and adequacy.
- Calls for recommendations concerning selection, training, rating and discipline of staff.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lives by the ISP Well Construction Management System to ensure well integrity and delivery within planned time and budget; and prepare corrective actions in case of deviations
- Develop and fully implement well enginnering best practices, peer reviews and technology application during the planning, execution and closure phases for projects. Research and assess applicability of new technology to projects and support technical and/or business initiative that furthers the capabilities
- Ensure all wells are budgeted, planned and designed to contractual minimum standards, regulatory requirements, policies and full consideration of HSE & sustainability goals
- Reviews the Basis of Design, Drilling programs & end of well reports before approval from the Project Technical authority
- Manage Weatherford products and services as well as third party vendors to comply with technical scope and providing oversight of operations by facilitating short-term planning and scheduling of personnel, equipment and services
- Document and communicate learning from projects adequately
- Identify deviations to Weatherford Policies and Standards and document the adequate management of change and/or exemption process
- Acts as focal point for technical matters and is a liaison with his equivalent at the client side
- Provides advise on matters related to operational contingencies and together with the Superintendent validate alternate plans
- Focal point for all information in relation to the investigation of unscheduled events and non-conformance incidents.
- Responsible for the technical competencies and capabilities of the engineering team. Develops training plans for the members of the technical team in conjunction with the Project & ISP Engineering Manager
- Schedule project technical reviews at an agreed frequency with the Project & ISP Engineering Manager
Commercial and Tenders
- Support commercial aspect of projects by developing time estimates and performing comparisons vs AFE and guiding others in the process
- Support in the validation of the risk assessment and guiding others in the process
- Participate and provide guidance in selection and evaluation of service companies, suppliers and equipment
STRATEGY, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & OPERATIONS
- Excellent networking within the industry and will keep abreast with all developments in the key markets including technology changes
- Lead the commercial bidding process for new opportunities involving all stake holders and ensuring risk reward balance is maintained to achieve financial and operational success of the project.
- Maintains effective communications with all key stakeholders both internal and where appropriate external
- Will clearly communicate expectations, roles and responsibilities to direct and indirect reports.
- Accountable for the financial viability and sustainability of Porduction and Intervention Solution projects
- All employees have an accountability to the organisation to be financially responsible whether they are in charge of a function budget or simply their own expenses
- Costs incurred should be within approved budget, processed within agreed time frames & following the relevant financial policy and procedure.
PEOPLE & DEVELOPMENT
- Employees have a responsibility for developing their own careers within the Company including completing all necessary function, compliance & business standards training to enhance their knowledge, skills and experience
- Employees should engage on a regular basis with their line manager to discuss their personal performance, objectives and opportunities to enhance their skills and experience to support their career potential
- Managers are expected to actively engage with their employees to support talent management through Weatherford's performance management process, including but not limited to talent assessments, succession planning & regular coaching opportunities
- Managers should collaborate with Human Resources & Training Development to drive strategies for the recruitment & retention of key personal & to foster an environment that supports the attraction & retention of a high performing talented workforce.
VISION & LEADERSHIP
- Demonstrates leadership, ethical behaviour and adherence to Weatherford standards, procedures and policies at all times.
Experience & Education
- MSc/B.Sc in engineering or scientific discipline.
- Minimum 8 years of experience as Well Engineer.
- Demonstrated knowledge of well design and planning, drilling safety and well control principles, environmental regulations, and field operations.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- IWCF / WellCap Well Control certification at Supervisory level
- Well versed with the widely used well engineering suite of softwares & MS Office or equivalent
- Relevant experience both field and office in well engineering, preferably with an OFS Services Provider for Integrated Projects.
- Relevant industry-related training.
- Fluent in more than one language
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Detailed understanding of drilling practices and procedures (planning, risk analysis, HAZOP, HAZID, pre-spud, roles of various asset team members, equipment, drilling program, drilling, cementing, evaluation, completion, reporting, wellsite personnel, drilling parameters, fluids, well control, directional drilling, wellsite services, local regulatory, etc.)
- Ability to organize and plan projects. Projects will often have technical and scope uncertainties and involve multiple phases and tight project timelines Strong communication organizing, trouble shouting And problem solving capabilities in constrained and/or demanding conditions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work with diverse professionals comprising of clients, stakeholders, vendors, operations team, rig team and engineering peers
- Practical and results orientated to deliver a plan encompassing all inputs that can be safely executed for given timelines. Mechanical aptitude and strong visualization capability required
- Contribute to sustaining a positive, progressive and supportive team environment
- Ability to apply and encourage a solution based approach. Solution based involves understanding the client needs and well problems and then investigating potential solutions which can be a change in well design, change in procedure or potentially the use of one or more common or specialty products.
This role will require significant international travel of up to: 10-25%