Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Regional HSSES Manager for the Fort Myers, FL Office.
This role will provide leadership and direction for the HSE department to hire and train qualified expertise into the department, to engage personnel on projects and improve department work processes and procedures. The position will ensure compliance with applicable HSE Management System, Customer Safety Policies, and governmental regulations by supervising the development of procedures and safety plans and ensuring proper execution.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Skills / Qualifications
- Embraces Wood strategic purpose, goals, and objectives and translates these into practical concepts relevant to HSE management
- Leads a team consisting of professional staff
- Teaches problem solving, creative thinking and project planning skills to less experienced staff
- Provides constructive feedback & coaching
- Create and maintain a network of subject matter experts
- Input to annual department goals and objectives
- Staffing and development of HSE talent for department and projects
- Performance reviews and salary administration
- Conducting periodic meetings with department staff, to provide top-down information flow about the company
- Receives intermittent supervision
- Support Business Development and Proposals department
- Ensure HSE Management Systems are monitored and in compliance
- Ensures compliance with audit protocols
- Promote HSE best practices in the office and on projects
- Development of HSE project and department safe work plans
- Support HSE presentation needs to clients (internal and external)
- Ensure HSE related training is applicable to office and project needs
- A bachelor's degree in occupational health and Safety preferred or equivalent years of experience with industry training/certificates
- Has 10 yrs. Sr. HSSE Management Experience with at least 5 yrs. project site experience as a Manager and 5 yrs. experience as a Sr HSSE support within a corporate environment)
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or NEBOSH Designation preferred.
- Lead Auditor - OSHAS 18001 or ISO 14001 would be considered an asset.
- Proficient in the use of current MS Office package, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and other applications
- Has knowledge of Contracts and change management issues relating to HSSE
- Has the skill to produce Monthly project and HSSE Presentations
- Understands Continuous Improvement in relation to Behavioral Based HSSE Process
- Has knowledge of the worksite organizational requirements
- Has knowledge of HSSE issues relating to the project execution activities.
- Previous experience managing and influencing teams
- Development of HSSE management systems and site based HSSE execution plans
- Comprehensive knowledge of HSSE legislation and regulations
- Proven record in risk-based inspection and auditing
- Prior experience in incident reporting and investigating
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.