Would you like to apply your software engineering expertise in developing innovative solutions for real world problems? Enjoy complex and problem solving and development across an exciting portfolio?Join our Panametrics Team!
The team at Panametrics, a Baker Hughes business designs and manufactures a range of sensors and sensing instrumentation that that are utilized in a vast array of market segments.Partner with the best
You will work closely with our Electrical and Mechanical Engineering teams to design, prototype, validate, and certify next-generation industrial sensing equipment. You will lead the architecture design and development of multi-threaded, multi-process software architectures, prioritizing efficiency and reuse to ensure the development of robust products that can operate in highly variable industrial environments, and support the sustaining of our legacy products lines through their later life cycle stages.
As a Lead Firmware Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Leading the execution of product design, validation, and certification of industrial grade embedded systems.
- Translating customer needs to system level requirements in a collaborative process with Product Specialists, Product Managers, and other peers throughout the organization.
- Performing cross platform development of C/C++ code while maintaining code quality through best practices and code quality automation.
- Developing system architectures for multi-channel data acquisition and signal processing products.
- Supporting sustaining activities across a broad product portfolio.
- Leading the creation and implementation of process-driven design decisions (CPO; NPI and NTI; Operations, Sales, and Service support).
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have a BSc. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- Have significant experience with architect design, development and verification of industrial products.
- Have good experience with developing C/C++ embedded applications for at least with one of the following embedded operating systems on ARM targets (Linux; QNX; Neutrino; Micrium µC/OS ).
- Have demonstrated experience in the bring-up of processors in custom hardware configurations
- Have demonstrated expertise in development and low level debugging strategies for application code, hardware abstraction layers, and drivers modules.
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Occasional remote working as required
- Flexibility within the day or week to get the job done
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward - making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.