Planning Engineer REPORTS TO:
Project Control Manager RESPONSIBILITIES:
Production of planning documentation for EPCM type contracts and preparation of management reports to review and evaluate Project Status BASED:
Head Office in North East of England START DATE:
12 Months HOURS OF WORK:
37 - 40 hrs/week / flexitime - core hours Mon Thurs 9:00-16:00 Fri 9:00-12:30
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF ROLE
- To work as part of a Project Team responsible for the production of planning documentation to high professional standards within challenging programmes and budgets
- Qualification equivalent to UK Higher National Certificate in Engineering
- Background in Heavy Engineering/Chemical/Petrochemical/Oil & Gas Industries preferred.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
ESSENTIAL SOFTWARE KNOWLEDGE
- English - written, spoken and technical
- Ability to Liaise/co-ordinate work with other disciplines
- Awareness of Quality Management System philosophy
- IT Literate
- Primavera P3/P3E - P6 experience essential
- Microsoft Project
KEY TASKS AND MAIN DUTIES
- Prepare Project Schedules for EPCM type contracts
- Co-ordinate/liaise with Engineering disciplines to determine status of Engineering workscope.
- Work within a Project Services team to support and assist the Project Delivery organisation.
- Co-ordinate/liaise with Vendors and expeditors to determine Procurement status.
- Compile and interpret progress in relation to schedule and cost constraints
- Assist in the preparation of Management Reports to review and evaluate Project Status.
- Work to budgets and programmes
- Comply with Quality Management Systems
- Report to Lead Piping Engineer
- Other professional duties reasonably required
- Good communicator
- Good interpersonal skills
- Versatility and flexibility
- Pro-active and self motivated
- Commercial awareness
- Professional and responsible attitude
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.