Project Contracts Administrator This position will be on a temporary contract basis and located working remotely out of the USA with potential business trips to an engineering office in Vancouver, BC Canada and the work site location in Arizona USA Area of Focus
Under general supervision, supports the administration of contracts on assigned project. This position will report to the Manager Project Contracts. Essential Functions
- Receives and reviews a wide variety of contract requests, and selects the most appropriate sourcing strategy based on the situation and the scope of work; may support one or more specialized areas requiring an increased depth of knowledge.
- Provides timely, accurate and cost effective contractual agreements to support company operations with an uninterrupted flow of materials and services.
- Reviews bid proposals from suppliers and recommends or enters into contracts to meet the desired scope of work.
- Maintains competitive pricing with an emphasis on cost reductions, quality, and supplier performance through competitive bid events, price negotiations, cost modeling, or other sourcing techniques.
- Identifies supplier performance issues, and works with multiple parties (internal and external to FCX) to resolve issues.
Nature of work: Works on moderately complex issues and usually implements solution through individual effort.
Level of interaction: Collaborates within the organization, department or work group and has limited interaction with external colleagues.
Autonomy/decision making: Has moderate supervision and some latitude to set objectives, priorities and timelines that may impact department or individual work group.
Budgetary responsibility: Has no budget responsibility.
Managerial responsibility: Manages a function or specific program(s) or project(s) but no people. Minimum Requirements
Preferred Requirements, Skills, Certifications and/or Training
- High School diploma or GED and five (5) years experience in Supply Chain or the related fields of Business, Accounting, or Engineering, OR
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain or the related fields of Business, Accounting, or Engineering and three (3) years experience in Supply Chain or the related fields of Business, Accounting, or Engineering
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task in a high paced project environment
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.