Our Water Technologies Division is currently searching for a Mechanical Technician II at our Minnetonka, MN plant. The Minnetonka plant is easily accessible, clean and a climate-controlled facility! We are looking to fill the following shift: 2nd shift Monday- Thursday 2 pm- 12 am
The Mechanical Technicians will be responsible for meeting daily production needs regarding the manufacture of industrial water systems according to quality systems and specifications. This role will be key in supporting business needs regarding; EHS, quality, on time shipment, and productivity.Essential Responsibilities:
These duties and responsibilities are not exhaustive and will be supplemented as necessary.
- Fabricate, position and install sub-components into various pieces of equipment as per appropriate drawings.
- Safe use of hoist and cranes
- Operates basic hand tools and various air and/or electric hand tools/equipment while performing the assigned responsibilities in a safe manner
- Reads and interprets blueprints, diagrams, and schematics and must be able to layout and assemble machines/components based on drawings and detailed verbal instructions
- Reads and understands production orders and bill of material (BOM's)
- Ensure use of appropriate PPE and adhere to safety protocols for assembly and plastic pipe fabrication.
- Maintains a clean work area supported by 5S initiatives
- Complete all training required by Veolia
- Follow Safe Work Practices and all environmental, health and safety rules
- Perform self-inspection to verify that all components are installed and match applicable drawings and sign QA documentation.
- Performs any additional duties as assigned by Supervisor, Facilitator, or Lead
- 2 years of experience in a manufacturing/fabrication, Equipment Maintenance or Service, or Qualified Mechanic role
- Ability to wear required PPE
- Experience with cranes and hoists
- Experience in the fabrication of equipment using tools, blueprints/schematics and bills of material
- PVC pipe cutting + gluing expereince + thread tapping expereince
- Ability to accuratly use a tape measure + measure down to very small increments
- High School Diploma/GED
- Ability to assemble piping & equipment to assembly and process drawings.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude: must be proficient in understanding basic pipe, and skid layout and assembly, use of hand and power tools
- Demonstrated high-quality work, initiative and the ability to work unsupervised at times.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team, assist with training peers/contractors
- Good problem-solving skills and good oral and written communication skills