Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.Overview
Drilling Engineering is currently seeking an experienced Drilling Engineer to support and direct drilling engineering functions to support complex drilling operations; and lead major drilling engineering projects that require original or unusual analysis and solutions.
As the successful candidate you will have extensive experience with Drilling & Workover rigs for all types of well construction (oil, gas, and exploration).
You will have experience to develop cost analysis, and prepare detailed workover evaluations and programs. Prepare standard development practices and procedures to ensure maximum drilling efficiency consistent with safety, economics, reservoir, and aquifer considerations.Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide sound drilling engineering methods and procedures to be used on assigned drilling problems.
- Execute and accomplish assignments and studies in areas outlined in the scope, assuring conformance to overall objectives of all phases of drilling operations in areas including drilling penetration rate optimization, new drilling technology, and drilling studies.
- Deliver technical support for many types of drilling wells including complex multi-lateral and extended reach (ERD) horizontal oil and gas wells, HPHT gas wells, offshore and deep water, and unconventional wells. Wells include power water injections and producing wells, exploration wells and all kind of workovers including HST's.
- Analyze advanced drilling data and the performance of new or existing drilling techniques to determine a need for or benefit from studies, recommendations, and/or modifications with respect to unit costs, and operating efficiency consistent with established operations.
- Assume ownership of relevant Saudi Aramco General Instructions and standards and, when applicable, recommend improvements to operational processes and guidelines.
- Extend training and technical support to junior engineers and ensure the sustained meeting of regional and global standards, practices, and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, preferably in Petroleum, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, or any engineering field.
- Minimum of 12 years' experience (with a strong preference for 15 years' plus experience) as a drilling engineer or foreman in the conventional oil industry or a major international oil operator.
- Minimum of 5 years working as an operations drilling engineer with at least 1-year cumulative time working on a rig as a Drilling Engineer or Drilling Supervisor/Foreman or equivalent.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.