Senior Environmental Engineer Location:
Beaumont, TX Company:
The Senior Environmental Engineer will be responsible for the implementation and management of
the company's environmental compliance program. Experience is required in complying with federal
and state air, water, chemical inventory, and waste management regulations. The successful candidate
must lead by example, be self-motivated, exhibit sound decision making and have strong analytical
This role is a mentorship/leadership position that supports an overall team effort to develop and
implement a policy and plan which may include budgets; Health, Safety, Security & Environmental
matters; Organizational & Cultural development of the Environmental Department; as well as other
aspects of the company's business. Job Responsibilities:
- Perform calculations for air emissions and inventory reporting.
- TPDES storm and wastewater sampling.
- Assist in STEERS reporting of events, deviations, Tier II, DMR.
- Knowledge of stack testing and CEMS monitoring.
- Prepare GHG calculation and reporting.
- Creative and innovative, with a desire for excellence.
- Chemical process oriented.
- Present a professional image at all times to clients and vendors and maintain a positive reputation of the company.
- Follow all relevant company policies and procedures.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR REGISTRATIONS
- Current Method 9 certification or ability to obtain.
- Placarding, labeling, and manifest training (US. DOT (PHMSA).
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND/OR TRAINING
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Science or Engineering required.
- Minimum ten (10) years' experience in process plant environment required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong knowledge of local, state, and federal environmental regulations impacting the Chemical Manufacturing sector with emphasis on TCEQ regulatory permitting, compliance assurance processes, as well as OSHA General Industry safety practices.
- Teamwork Oriented.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Effective communication.
- Technical capacity to understand general operations, maintenance, and process.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.