Do you enjoy being part of a successful team? Do you enjoy working with cutting-edge energy equipment? Join our Turbomachinery Product Line!
Baker Hughes Field Service Engineers before acting as a technical competent person has to be a role model in embracing Baker Hughes cultural pillars of HSE (Health, Safety, Environmental), Quality and Integrity, and promoting them every day and every time. Partner with the best
As Control Field Service Engineer, you will be coordinating and overseeing work at the field site, providing quality service to the customer. In addition, your Job role may include providing the planning necessary for the job including instructions to the crew and equipment
As Control Field Service Engineer you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Providing on-site technical direction on control systems installation, including loop checks, system tests during start-up, commissioning, troubleshooting and maintenance on customer owned sites in remote oil-field, power generation and industrial facilities (Power generation includes customer owned utilities, marine drives, petrochemical, paper, steel, automotive and transportation industries).
- Providing leadership and technical direction to skilled labor, performing work at customer sites, maintaining strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within Baker Hughes and customer safety standards
- Preparing job-planning documents that define the control system scope of the installation, upgrade and maintenance projects.
- Supervising the positioning and wiring of control panels such as Unit Control Panel (UCP), auxiliary panels of any type, Direct Current Panel (DCP), battery charger and battery cells, Generator Control & Protection Panel (GCPP), Motor Control Center (MCC), etc., particularly electrical hook up, pneumatic hook up, primary hook up and field wiring done by client or sub-contractor
- Check the functionality of the control sequencing for all auxiliary systems, relevant to the turbine and driven equipment such as lube oil system, hydraulic oil system, oil coolers, starting means (motor & torque converter/gas expander/hydraulic starter & pumps etc.), enclosure and building ventilation systems, Fire & Gas detection system, compressor seal oil system, compressor dry gas seal system, process gas coolers, fuel and process gas valves, anti-surge system, etc.
- Utilize problem solving skills, engineering instructions, drawings and process instructions for steam/gas turbine commissioning and start-up.
- Provide input for Daily Outage and Weekly Installation Reports.
- Communicate effectively with Service/Installation/Project Managers and Site Manager about job planning, job execution, job progression as well as personnel site arrivals and departures
- Provide technical competence to troubleshoot and provide routine maintenance checkout for a wide range of equipment/systems.
- Prepare timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future field service interventions.
- Actively participate to customer and/or contractor meeting.
- Apply all Quality procedures and documentation applicable to specific activities, ensuring they are properly followed and updated
- Ensure that Site Quality Check List/Job Cards/Field Procedure are applied and relevant documentation is properly signed.
- Ensure reports and "red mark-up" drawings are completed
- Ensure all RCAs (Root Cause Analysis) and Lesson Learned are addressed properly
- Ensure all Non-Conformity cases (technical and materials) are properly addressed using Baker Hughes e-tools and follow up till resolution
- Ensure compliance with local/current legislation, requests & requirements present in the site Safety Manual
- Actively participate in NPI (New Product Introduction) training to acquire multi-skill expertise
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have EU Work Permit already held
- Engineering Degree/High School Technical Diploma or equivalent business experience.
- Significant experience in the Oil & Gas or Energy or Aerospace industry.
- Strong knowledge on rotating equipment installation/maintenance; solid knowledge of the control logic of gas turbines or steam turbines and of their auxiliaries
- Fluent oral and written English.
- Strong customer service-orientation and ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work efficiently without direct supervision.
- Health, Safety and Environmental mindset and compliance.
- Experience on DLE (Dry Low Emission) and DLN (Dry Low NOx) systems mapping.
- Knowledge of GE Speedtronic turbine control panels.
- Knowledge of PLC control panels.
- This role requires extensive travel. Applicants must be willing and be able to travel significantly (not less than 70% of the year) without geographical restriction including off-shore and on short notice.
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- The position comes with approx. rotation cycle of 8 weeks at site and 3 weeks rest at home
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward - making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.