Subsea EngineerNES Fircroft Featured Employer
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Our client, an oil and gas operator, requires a Subsea Engineer to join the team on a contract basis.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Safety in well design and execution.
• Work in project teams with other disciplines and lead vendors in deliveries as required.
• Provide technical input to and QA/QC review to well planning documents - Well Maturation, Main Well Planning and Pre-Execution.
• Lead and develop Detailed Operational Procedures for Xmas Tree and Wellhead rig operations and testing procedures.
• Interface with SURF (Subsea Projects Organisation) for specification and supply of Subsea equipment
• Provide expertise, advice and support on all issues relating to Subsea Wellhead and Xmas Tree systems?during planning and operations.
• Support the rig intake process.
• Monitor and report HSE performance of Wellhead and Xmas Tree suppliers against agreed KPI's.?
• Evaluate system design and propose improvements by working with the suppliers and technical experts.
• Equipment management including tooling and spares.
• Lead riser analyses for Subsea operations and coordinate input from specialists.
• Provide technical input to risk evaluations for planned operations/activities.
• Conduct supplier workshop checks and oversee the preparations of equipment.
• Drive performance improvements and perfect well deliveries.
• Input to planning for intervention activities for rig and light well interventions.
• Interface with Technical Ladder in scope delivery.
Qualifications, knowledge, and experience
• Minimum of 8 years' experience in Subsea Engineering discipline including experience working onshore for an Operator company.
• Educated to degree level, professional experience can compensate for lack of formal qualifications.
• Knowledge and experience with UK regulations and well integrity requirements.
• Well Control - IWCF Level 4 - Supervisor Surface and Subsea.
• Strong organisational, leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently/unsupervised and in collaboration with others, as required to achieve agreed objectives.
• Broad understanding of well construction and design activities.
• Understanding of rig intake related challenges related to Subsea Engineering.
• Recent and relevant experience in Wellhead and Xmas Tree planning and operational execution.
• Good overall understanding of field development activities and QA/QC processes.
• Good English writing and oral skills.
• Ability to live by "I am safety" expectations.
• Adhere to Safety Standard.
• You act in line with safety and sustainability values and principles.
• Deliver your work using Lean methodology and mindset.
• Embrace new technologies eagerly.
• You are flexible to change and able to adapt to the team's direction.
• You manage conflicting perspectives and agendas amongst internal stakeholders
• You can influence and advise internal and external stakeholders.
• You participate actively in teams and collaborate for improved performance.
• You actively communicate the need for change.
• Deliver high quality work within tight deadlines.
• Able to work within multidisciplinary teams and across organisational boundaries and locations.
• You understand and communicate the benefits of diversity and behave inclusively towards colleagues.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.