My client is currently seeking two Functional Safety Engineers in Sugarland, TX.
5+ years in safety systems engineering and applications consulting experience. Key Attributes
The successful candidate will demonstrate a high degree of technical knowledge and competency with safety systems engineering and specifications development. Must demonstrate the ability to work to a high standard of professionalism within a team environment. Core Competencies
- Technical Competencies - Must be familiar with all aspects of safety lifecycle management, with extensive experience in development of Safety Requirement Specifications (SRS), logic narrative development, and SIL Calculations. Some experience with PHA/LOPA development, including identification of hazards, allocation of safeguard and allocation Independent Protection Layers (IPLs), in addition to development of test and validation procedures. Knowledge of PLC/SIS programming and panel design. Ability to assist with commissioning/cutovers, loop checks, logic validation/testing, and provide start up assistance/troubleshooting.
- Project Assignment - Assigned project is 1 to 3 year duration in Houston, Texas client offices.
- Safety - Responsible for maintaining compliance with safety policies and procedures.
- Client Contact - Insure that regular client contact is maintained and that client concerns and input are understood and addressed.
- Morale & Teamwork - Consistently work to a high standard of professionalism within a team environment.
- Training - Ensure all necessary trainings and certifications are kept up to date and valid.
- Quality - Ensure that effective Company and Client QA/QC processes are followed.
- Safety: Is proactive in all safety matters, displays an enthusiasm for safety and leads team by example.
- Attitude: Exhibits a positive attitude, shows initiative and accepts direction from qualified sources; demonstrates dependability, commitment and involvement to projects.
- Teamwork: Interacts well and cooperates with co-workers on the team; assists team members and shows respect for all team members.
- Quality: Work meets or exceeds the company's quality standard of acceptability; has the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Knowledge: Displays the ability to perform the technical skills required for the project
- Problem Solving: Analyzes problems and reaches acceptable and workable solutions
- Communication: Effectively and respectfully communicate on all levels, both written and oral, with both clients and company personnel.
- Decision Making: Displays the willingness and judgment to make decisions; takes action upon decisions made with good judgment
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.