Workshop LabourerTeam Recruitment Featured Employer
Ellon, Scotland, United Kingdom
Our client based in Ellon are looking for a Workshop Labourer to join their team.
The main purpose of the role is to provide a safe and professional service for the stores and yard concerning the packing, unpacking, loading and unloading duties. The Labourer is also expected to perform general yard duties and workshop assistance such as painting etc.
• Cleaning and maintenance of a safe and efficient store, yard, workshop area and associated equipment under the company's equipment inventory.
• Safe and secure storage of materials and equipment, both in yards and stores area ensuring COSHH and MSDS requirements are met.
• Safe and efficient movement and delivery of goods and materials to dedicated delivery areas or bases from the company's designated operating areas.
• Maintain an efficient yard and stores area to provide an efficient service delivery through organisation and control of tidiness of workshop and yard areas.
• Perform maintenance on the company's equipment as necessary.
• Assist in stock control and evaluation of stock holding with Workshop Technicians and Workshop Supervisor including stock checks.
• General yard duties concerning the basic assembly, labour, and painting including stores and admin duties when required.
• Driving company forklifts and vehicles.
• Deliveries and collections as required.
• Packing and unpacking of company equipment.
• Follow all necessary operating procedures and guidelines.
• Represent the Company in a professional manner both on and off the job.
• Continually practice good housekeeping standards.
• Carry out any other duties as reasonably instructed by the or Workshop Supervisor or Service Delivery Manager.
• Promote safety-at-work in accordance with the company, Client and Legal requirements.
• Participate in HSEQ training and HSEQ personal development
• Compliance with and commitment to the company's HSEQ policies and procedures.
• Take reasonable care of yourself, others and the environment through your acts and omissions.
• Report any unsafe conditions, behaviours or acts.
• Fully participate in HSEQ inspections, use of the company's Observation Card System and completion of mandatory company HSEQ training.
• Adhere to the controls described in risk assessments, safe systems of work and COSHH assessments, and highlight any shortcomings in the existing controls
• Experience in a similar role
• Basic numeracy and literacy
• Positive and effective team player and leader
• Good communication skills
• Good organisational and time management skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Valid UK Driving Licence
• Valid Passport
• Have had technical trade training recognised by industry
• Forklift B2 licence
• Understanding of the HSE requirements in the Oil and Gas Industry