Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting Offshore Lead Process Safety Engineer to join our Offshore Maintain Potential Program (OMPP) in Al - Khobar, Saudi Arabia. OMPP is a multi - year, multi program venture covering both greenfield and brownfield offshore projects in Saudi Arabia. The scope of this program includes Engineering & Design, Procurement and Construction Management support.
• Coordinate with other disciplines lead or senior engineers to ensure full compliance of the project safety design with the requirements specified on project design scope and on the relevant Client and industry standards
• Develop process safety discipline budgets and / or review proposals with estimate of man - hours and cost for design
• Ensure projects are completed satisfactorily on time and within budget
• Involve and provides input to in all Value Improvement Practices like constructability, project risk management, lessons learned, etc.
• Actively participates and provide input in safety studies as HAZID, HAZOP, SIL, SIMOPs, Dropped objects, F&G 3D mapping, etc.
• SME on safety risk management, ALARP, ISD, PSM, Functional Safety (ESD, HIPS)
• Perform and/or review of Consequence Modelling, QRA, ETAs, FTAs
• Prepare the Loss prevention plan, Material handling study
• Interface with the Project Management team and Client
• Develop and maintain process safety progress, schedule, staffing planning, and coordination with project management including regular reporting
• Prepare safety studies SoW, TBE and review 3rd Party safety studies including design drawings and documents
• Resolve process safety related engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes, and standards. Skills / Qualifications
Required: 15 years in the Oil and Gas, Refining, or Chemical Industry with minimum 5 years Offshore Brownfield / Greenfield, Study / Pre - FEED / FEED of Offshore Projects. Has experience in the oil / gas, hydrocarbon processing, offshore and is recognized as specialist in a specific engineering field on large to mega projects.
Professional Qualifications / Certifications: Membership in a recognized professional engineering association, CFSP, and/or TUV FS Engineer would be highly preferred.
Academic Qualifications: B. Sc. Engineering in Chemical, Mechanical or equivalent.
Additional Requirements: A good working knowledge of current industry specific technology and the application of current engineering software / tools.
Knowledge on Saudi Aramco standards, particularly Safety Standards.
- MS Office
- DNV Phast/SAFETY
- DNV SAFETI
- Navisworks / Smartplant review
- CFD Experience
- Environmental impact assessment
- F&G 3D Mapping
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.