Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries. Duties & Responsibilities Purpose
To manage tenders through the Bids & Proposals (B&P) process ensuring quality bid packages are compiled and submitted to clients along with providing excellent customer service . This function is pivotal to the success of winning business and minimising commercial risk to Oceaneering. . Functions
- Manage tenders from start to finish adhering to established process, tasks include but are not limited to:
- Creation and maintenance of Bids & Proposals data in applicable systems.
- Receive, manage, and distribute for action and collate responses to customer Requests for Information, Requests for Quote whilst maintaining planned timescales.
- Liaise with multi-functional teams from Sales, Engineering, Finance, QA, HSE, Legal and Tax among others to ensure customer requirements are met whilst collating and managing risks to the business.
- Facilitate and prepare content for procedural review meetings on risk and lessons learned.
- Compile commercial proposals considering price, payment terms, milestones and cancellation risks for senior management review and approval prior to subsequent pass on to the customer.
- Receive, manage, distribute for action, and collate responses to clarification requests from the client maintaining planned timescales.
- Manage a demanding workload and prioritise in order to meet the needs of the customer whilst looking after the interests of Oceaneering.
- Liaise with multifunctional teams to ensure the timelines needed to support the customer are adhered to and escalate issues for resolution as and when necessary.
- Efficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is required.
- Support the Tendering Manager in ensuring appropriate controls are in place across the business and compliance with all reporting standards.
- Strive for continual development on a technical and personal basis inlcuding stretch assignments beyond normal role.
- Ensure any work-related concerns or breaches in business standards are highlighted to Management in a timely manner and in accordance with any relevant procedures or processes.
- Help develop colleagues and/or third parties as required.
- Ability to be an individual contributor at appropriate level.
- Ability to apply basic knowledge to job under general supervision.
- Contributes to completion of routine tasks.
- Explains basic facts, practices, and policies to internal/external parties.
- Will consistently display required levels of engagement and a positive 'can-do' attitude while consistently supporting Oceaneering's culture of Safety, Quality, ongoing learning, due diligence, and continual improvement.
- Undertake any other roles as required in order to support business needs
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment. Supervisory Responsibilities
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to Tendering Manager.
- HNC/HND in a business-related subject
- Previous experience within a similar role
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Competencies and Other Characteristics
- Experience of working in the Oil and Gas Sector
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT
work. Closing Statement
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.