Overview / Responsibilities Wood is recruiting for a Junior Mechanical (Equipment) Estimator
to join its Estimating team focusing on engineering, procurement and construction of complex plants in the Chemical, Petrochemical and Energy industries.
The position will be based in Corsico (Milan) office, with the possibility to work from home up to two days per week. Join a culture of innovation
, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients. The Role
Reporting to the Estimate Coordinator or directly to Manager of Estimating, you will be the responsible to develop the cost estimate of equipment, interfacing where necessary with the involved engineering disciplines (process, technological, machinery & packages). Our Clients and Projects It's a future for all of us
. We aspire to shape a better tomorrow by unlocking solutions that address the biggest challenges facing our clients and our society.
You will be working for major international clients also in the new energy market and you will be part of a team focused on results. What we can offer
If all of this sounds good to you, review the typical responsibilities of the role and the requirements of the position below, then follow the link to apply and start your journey with Wood. Typical responsibilities
- Meaningful and interesting projects delivered to leaders of industry across chemical, petrochemical, oil&gas and emerging energy sectors
- Flexible working arrangements that balance client, team and individual needs offering hybrid working where relevant
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion ; we are an organisation actively committed to diversity and inclusion across our business
- Competitive salary with regular salary reviews to ensure we are rewarding at the right level in line with the market
- Flexible benefits package; Free shuttle bus from Metro station to the office, company canteen, biannual free medical check-up, free company parking, extra-working accidents insurance
- Commitment to continued professional development; development plans that are tailored to your individual needs and interests
- Global connections ; join experts around the world who are at the leading edge of our industry, shaping the standards of our profession
Skills / Qualifications
- Understand the Wood and Project specific estimating procedures & requirements
- Develop equipment cost utilizing either "In-House" data, Aspentech ACCE (Kbase) software or Vendor quotations (in the latter case organize and tabulate the received offers)
- Plan the activities to timely deliver the estimate, in accordance with the project milestones
- Build working relationships and communicate effectively with other departments, particularly where input to estimating is essential
- If required take part in and liaise with Client's representative on estimating topics
Please see below the requirements that we typically seek for the position. We are not expecting candidates to have everything, and this is not an exhaustive list. If you feel you have relevant experience and qualifications even if they are not a 100% match, then please do apply.
- BSc in Engineering or Technical diploma;
- Self-motivation, a proactive outlook and good communication skills
- Ability to deal with other disciplines
- Fluent in English and Italian
- Similar, limited experiences in other major engineering companies are welcome but not a mandatory requirement
- Understanding of multidisciplinary workflows
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.