Company: NES Fircroft
Skills: Pipeline Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
Job Title: Designer II - Corpus Christi, TX
This position is responsible for performing routine design assignments, which require knowledge and skill in mid-level to higher design & drafting techniques, procedures, and knowledge of certain industry standards. Assignments are designed to further develop the incumbent's job knowledge and abilities.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Utilize the input from production and maintenance to field validate effectively to optimize the full utilization of all available resources that are required to meet needs.
• Conduct Field Validations (walk downs & field sketching) verifying existing piping & equipment for design or records verification
• Validate information as job requires by searching drawings and data bases for instrument descriptions, equipment files and vendor catalogs for equipment information, SAP for existing inventory, interviewing engineers and technicians and contacting vendors and manufacturers.
• Share the responsibility for Site's Excavation Permit writing per both Corporate and Site procedures.
• Possess proficient design skills using AutoCAD Rel. 2020.
• Utilize information from vendor prints, catalogs, technical manuals, etc. to do design work.
• Be sensitive to schedule requirements.
• Create new CADD drawings from scratch, by first setting all drawings system variables correctly.
• Develop CADD drawings from design sketches or catalog information.
• Markup works in progress for others to draft (or CADD).
• Prepare simple engineering and construction drawings from scratch, sketches or verbal instruction, utilizing manual or computer-aided drafting/design techniques.
• Perform related fundamental engineering support tasks such as updating computer lists, filing prints, distributing drawings, making simple calculations, proofreading reports, compiling Bills of Material, etc.
• Utilize information from vendor prints, catalogs, technical manuals, etc.
• Review/Approve vendor drawings for dimensional accuracy and connection ratings working with Engineer.
• Neatly arranges Field Notes so they are accurate and complete.
• Generate sketches that are legible by anyone, which includes dimensions, notes and job number.
• Sign and date all work products with job number.
• Keep Design Department Manager informed of progress.
• Proficient in field routing of piping, the generation of piping drawings and issuance of design packages. Competency in mechanical design and drafting is a plus.
• Perform quality assurance on in house generated or outside design work.
• Support field assignments as required, including fabrication and/or installation of designs that are self-generated or by others.
• Work after hours and on schedule days off when required.
To effectively perform the functions of this position, the individual must have the ability to utilize time management efficiently; demonstrate a continuing consciousness of safety in daily activities, and implement within work product; read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; write simple correspondence; effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization; add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs; apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral and diagrammatic form; deal with problems involving several concrete variables in varying situations; demonstrate knowledge of algebra and basic trigonometry for use in utilizing manual or CADD drafting techniques for a variety of non-routine assignments; have a working knowledge with CADD.
Additionally, the individual will either possess or will work towards possessing strong leadership skills, the ability to deal with changing priorities while demonstrating effective decision making to deal with competing priorities and the ability to effectively interface with production maintenance at all organizational and functional levels.
This roll requires an individual to have the following qualifications:
HS Diploma or equivalent required.
Basic knowledge of drafting technology from a vo-tech or other applicable program
Minimum of 10+ years of technical work experience
History of being able to work cooperatively with others in a team environment.
Ability to work independently with minimal direction while managing multiple priorities.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.