Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries. Position Summary Purpose
Responsible for ensuring mechanical equipment and machinery are in good condition for operation, executing, cleanliness and control of machine components, performing ongoing facility maintenance and completing repairs on equipment's, including fixing machinery, plumbing, heating and wiring, inspecting building to confirm safety standards and scheduling major repair with the shop inhabitants and interpret documents such as safety rules. Duties & Responsibilities Functions
- Knowledge of OEM machine controllers;
- Perform mechanical repairs (and rebuild) on all machines;
- Pull and replace machine linear guides and ball screws;
- Working knowledge of tool Probing function for CNC Mill and Lathe Machines;
- Perform machine leveling and alignment on all machines;
- Identify and replace parts as necessary;
- Install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain machine tool equipment and controls;
- Use machine tool manuals, technical documents, and internal and vendor resources to research
- machine issues;
- General facilities maintenance;
- Coordinate with external suppliers and maintenance companies to ensure timely and accurate
- completion of work;
- Work based on a sense of urgency with machine down conditions;
- In conjunction with production team, will support continuous improvement of development of PM
- instructions and schedules to prevent failures;
- Troubleshoot hydraulics, electronics, and software, electrical, pneumatic and mechanical systems
- This position has no supervisory responsibilties.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Must be able to travel - international
- Minimum of five years' experience in performing maintenance of CNC and Manual machines.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Knowledge of appropriate steps to analytical problem solving.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Treats others fairly and with respect .
- Knowledge of department's policies, rules, regulations, business goals, vision, organizational structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles, and values, etc.
- Seeks out new learning experiences .
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or required .
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the workplace.
- Work surface is stable (flat).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MEDIUM
work. OCCASIONAL FREQUENT CONSTANT
- Lift 20-50 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Identify color differences
- Wear PPE for skin protection
- Lift 10-25 pounds
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects
- Twist body, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated, and work with arms extended overhead.
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Wear PPE protection for body, vision, and hearing protection