Company: NES Fircroft
Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Greenville, South Carolina, United States
Upgrading combusing systems in gas turbines to handle high hydrogen fuel blends. Evaluate combustor designs with new burners via CFD. Depending on the analysis type various models needs to be simulated and calibrated with the lab data. The calibrated model will be used as a design tool to iterate on various concepts to downselect a design that meets product CTQ.
Remote Arrangement Available (US Eastern Time Zone Preferred) or In Office Location Greenville, SC.
- Import and mesh the flowpath geometries based on solid models of the advanced axial fuel stage. Conduct mixing and reacting-flow simulations of the flowfields based on specified boundary conditions. Create flow visualization charts using streamlines and contours of relevant combustion aerodynamics parameters. Determine rate of fluid mixing and product composition, including the formation of pollutant species for university rig testing and propose design candidates that meet the program CTQs.
- Work on the combustor rig design and evaluate proper positioning of the axial fuel stage in addition to emission rakes and perform pre-test predictions for NOx and flame stabilization.
- 5+ years of relevant experience, including academic experience
- Computational fluid dynamics software such as FLUENT or similar industry standard packages
- Experience meshing 3-dimensional geometry for CFD analysis
- DOE Requirement: USA Born or Naturalized Citizenship
- Understanding of gas turbine engine design and operation
- Advanced degree in mechanical, aerospace, or similar engineering field
- Experienced/Advanced user of Ansys Fluent (8-10 years experience)
- Experience in geometry cleanup and meshing in workbench or Fluent meshing
- Experience in Fluent FGM combustion modeling
- Experience in scripting in Fluent for post processing
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.