We are looking to hire for the below role for One of the Leading consulting and engineering company based in Qatar. Role: Principal Technical Safety Engineer: Contract Period = 1 Years Job Location: Qatar
- Use techniques, spreadsheets, databases and proprietary software as necessary to perform safety study assessments and generate project deliverable documents, including production, checking and approval as required
- Preparation of design deliverables including philosophies, reports, studies, specifications, data sheets, drawings, etc whilst following all applicable operational procedures
- Coordinating and liaison with other engineering disciplines as necessary in the preparation and development of the deliverables and ensuring that other disciplines' input is incorporated
- Ensure compliance with relevant specifications as well as applicable national/ international regulations, codes and standards
- Responsible for the review and approval of vendor documentation as applicable to the discipline
- Ensuring Purchasing and Estimating Departments have technical information for obtaining costs and availability of Technical Safety equipment and materials
- Maintain effective interfaces between the Technical Safety project team and other disciplines' teams, Client representatives and other third parties as required
- Represent the Technical Safety discipline internally and externally on design issues they are involved in
- Provide progress reporting and forecasting input to the Lead Technical Safety Engineer as required
- Follow standard working procedures and ensure that compliance with relevant QA/QC systems is achieve.
Skills / Qualifications:
Skills / Qualifications / Experience
If interested, kindly share cv on email@example.com
- Degree in appropriate engineering subject
- Minimum 15 years of experience in similar role.
- Experience of safety engineering in the offshore oil and gas industry
- Experience of office working and of working within a project team
- Experience of participation in project design reviews such as HAZID, ENVID and/or HAZOP
- Ability to use Technical Safety software pertinent to design reviews (e.g. DNV Phast & Safeti, Gexcon Shell FRED & Shepherd, Sunrise Pipenet, Schlumberger Flaresim)
- NGL experience is an additional advantage.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.