We are looking to hire for the below role for One of the Leading consulting and engineering company based in Qatar. Role: Senior Offshore Structural Engineer
Contract Period: 1 Years
Job Location: Qatar Responsibilities:
Skills / Qualifications:
- Analysis and Design of steel and concrete structures to various International & Company codes and standards (e.g. European, American, British, Shell, Aramco, etc.)
- Analysis and Design of structure and equipment foundations to static and dynamic loading
- Analysis and Design using engineering software such as STAAD.Pro, SACS, Matt 3D, etc
- Preparation of Basis of Design, Material Specifications, Material take offs, Scopes of Work, Technical reports, Inter discipline design coordination and supervision
- Competent in preparing design calculations for steel and concrete structure, seismic design and design to extreme wind loads, developing design sketches and pass relevant information to designers as required on assigned projects
- Performs preliminary sizing for structural members to provide preliminary input to Structural 3D and 2D modelling
- Prepares structural computer models using SACS for primary steel geometry and loadings, and undertakes structural analyses for all anticipated operating, installation, transportation, loadout and fabrication conditions
- Ensures structural compliance with structural specifications as well as applicable code requirements and national / international standards.
- Prepares structural engineering input for secondary and tertiary steel design, prepares structural design sketches for input to 3D modelling/ 2D drawing production and prepares computed aided or hand calculations for justification of structural configuration for compliance with specifications and relevant design codes
- Prepares or checks structural design reports to fully document structural primary and secondary steel design to demonstrate compliance with design codes and specifications
- Undertakes structural weight estimation for input into the project weight report
- Reviews relevant client provided and vendor data for structural implications and requirements
- Liaise with Designers in the preparation of CAD drawings, typically using, MicroStation, Smartplant 3D, E3D, AutoCAD, PDMS, PDS, Tekla etc
- Liaise with other disciplines to accommodate their requirements and with Designers in the preparation of structural and foundation drawings and details
- Provide technical support to other members of the team
- Ensure all work to be carried out with a positive attitude toward safety, both in design and in the office environment
- To provide relevant knowledgeable practical skills in the response and actions for Site visits and site surveys, Site queries and discussions, Supplier, vendor, contractor, client and site related discussions and Site based activities
If interested, kindly share cv on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Degree in Structural or Offshore Marine Engineering with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Proven core Structural Engineering skills, including design experience and preferably in the offshore Oil & Gas sector.
- Experience of working in a variety of projects and phases, including greenfield and brownfield, on and offshore, Pre-FEED through to EPC, with a focus on offshore upstream.
- A self-motivated, proactive individual with high achievement drive and initiative, excellent verbal and written communication skills and good organisational awareness
- Ability to impact and influence fellow workers
- Demonstration of customer focus and ability to respond to customer needs whilst achieving project and corporate objectives
- Display analytical and innovation skills to manage new technology.
- Be available for work in Doha, Qatar from March/April 2023
- Must have extensive offshore structural analysis experience in particular jackets.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.