The Wireline Operator performs all kinds of jobs, with assigned equipment and people, safely and efficiently. The Operator provides service delivery with flawless service quality and no Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) incidents in accordance with policies, standards, and procedures. The position reports to the Supervisor.
Successful operators are adaptable, show initiative, and have good written and verbal communication skills. They work well in teams and are curious and willing to learn new skills. Roles and Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Participates in pre-job and tool-box meeting with all members of the Rig crew.
- Is always fully compliant with the requirements of the QHSE policies, standards, and wears always required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Completes formal training sessions on QHSE and technical subjects as described by the Training Matrixes for the position.
- Obtains certifications as required for duties assigned.
- Maintains all equipment in good, safe working order according to standards and reports any problem or deviation.
- Works in a safe and conscientious manner to ensure personal safety and the safety of fellow crew members.
- Maintain and service tools and equipment used on jobs.
- Frequent travel from shop to well sites.
- During jobs will rig up equipment and operate winch on the logger.
- High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED).
- Minimum 3 years' experience as a skilled operator or equivalent military experience.
- Basic PC literacy and experience with Microsoft Office Suite desirable.
- Class A CDL (Class 5 license in Canada) clean driving record with HAZMAT required.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US/Canada, without sponsorship.
- Must be able to pass background check for L4 and L5 clearance.
SLB is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, or other characteristics protected by law. We are an "Equal Opportunity Employer". For more information regarding your rights, refer to the latest version of the "EEO is the Law" poster, the "EEO is the Law-Supplement" poster, and the "Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision" located here: company website
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation / modification to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability to assist in the hiring process, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in the interview process, please contact company website to request assistance. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
We are committed to a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments, please visit our Diversity & Inclusion | SLB (slb.com) for more information.
SLB is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.