At Oceaneering, we solve the unsolvable. We are a global engineering company that has its roots in deep sea operations for oil & gas industries. Today we operate a diverse portfolio of business units and associated activities. Not only do we operate fleets of ROVs for deep sea operations. We run the NASA neutral buoyancy laboratory and we develop the next generation of spacesuits. We design some of the most popular entertainment rides for the likes of Universal and Disney. And here at Oceaneering Mobile Robotics (OMR), we specialize in creating cutting-edge, autonomous mobile robot (AMR) technology-based, turnkey logistic solutions. Our AMRs are employed in the production facilities of premium manufacturers and hospitals. With a focus on safety, reliability, and performance, OMR continues to push the boundaries of what is possible with robotics. Position Summary
The Product Owner is responsible for defining and translating the business needs to usable, applicable and achievable AMR software improvements over the software product lifecycle. The Product Owner will work closely with organizational functions (Market Research, Marketing, Systems Engineering, Product Development, and Sales) to deliver winning products. The product owner translates the market and customer requirements into user stories that can be executed by the software development teams. The scope and priority of the user stories will be defined in close cooperation with the business stakeholders.
As software product owner you are responsible for monitoring, control and continuous improvement of the AMR software products. Product performance reporting and product lifecycle management are part of your daily activities. Duties & Responsibilities Functions
- Definition of epics and user stories
- Define the product roadmap, create, and refine the product backlog.
- Gather the voice of the customer
- Create business cases for product development
- Define and prioritize the product requirements
- Working with the software development team to deliver software products that delight the customer
- Collaborate with Systems Engineers to define the product requirements
- Perform product demonstrations both internally and to customers
- Stay up-to-date on the business and technology developments
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to Software Manager
- Define and prioritize product features based on customer needs, market trends, and technical feasibility.
- Lead the development of product requirements, user stories, and acceptance criteria.
- Work closely with engineering and design teams to ensure product features are developed according to requirements.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence without direct authority.
- Experience with writing requirements, design documentation, and test cases;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Dutch and German is a plus;
- Ability to act independently generating innovative solutions to complex problems;
- Customer focused attitude;
- Experience in product ownership with a solid track record of successfully delivering customer-facing software products and have a good appreciation of user experience
- 5+ years of expertise in product development
- Technical Bachelor degree, preferably in Computer Science, Automation Technology or Information Technology or equivalent work experience;
- Proficient with Linux and knowledgeable of the Windows operating systems;
- Willingness to travel and stay abroad several weeks at a time during system installation;
- Ability to remain calm and professional in a demanding and dynamic work environment;
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to use data to inform product decisions.
- Experience with programming in Java.
- Strong understanding of autonomous mobile robots and related technologies.
- Experience with generating user interfaces in Java.
- Knowledge of object oriented analysis & design methodologies and design patterns;
- Experience with XML and web services.
- Experience with issue tracking systems, preferably Jira.
- Background in Logistic solutions
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions
- Job tasks are performed in close proximity to other people
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT
work. OCCASIONAL FREQUENT CONSTANT
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.