Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Principal C & I Designer with extensive experience in the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical or similar sector of the industry to provide support to our Client in the execution of projects.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. We work on some of the largest projects globally with an outstanding list of energy clients. Our projects span the globe and beyond.
If your looking to work with a company who believes in you. Apply today.
These roles will be based in Wood's Reading office and some hybrid working maybe available.
Skills / Qualifications
- Review project schedules with the Chief Instrument Engineer to verify that all dates and project requirements are realistic.
- Prepare project specific standards and job notes.
- Set up and operate the appropriate sections of DMS.
- Prepare and maintain a Drawing Index for all Instrumentation Design Drawings, indicating planned and actual issue dates inclusive of the various revisions.
- Design preparation, production and approval of instrument drawings and deliverables as appropriate.
- Develop, review and approve instrument deliverables such as (but not limted to) air distribution schedules, instrument cable block diagrams, cable and drum schedules, cable racking / routing drawings, instrument representation on the model, loop drawings and termination detail drawings
- Develop review and comment on drawings and ensure that the quality of design drawings produced for enquiry and fabrication purposes is of satisfactory standard and in accordance with the relevant client and company specifications.
- Comment on other discipline drawings and specifications where relevant. Review and approve the instrument interface drawings applicable to mechanical and electrical interface.
- Review package supplier drawings as requested by the Instrument Engineer responsible for the equipment.
- Using the instrument database and project specifications / standards, produce instrument hook-up drawings and instrument installation detail drawings.
- Produce, review and approve instrument location drawings based on the instrument database, EFD's and plant layout drawings.
- Develop / provide input on the 3D Model to clarify instrument requirements on the model inclusive of cable racking, junction boxes, air headers and field instrument placements.
- Produce, review and approve instrument loop diagrams and termination schedules utilising the In-Tools database.
- Maintain the instrument design database and drawing register in a current project state.
- Review and approve instrument requisitions for instrument cable and junction boxes.
- Develop, Review and approve Instrument contract indirect BOM.
- Liaise with engineers to ensure design intent on various projects is implemented.
- Liaise closely with instrument designers for the creation and validation of instrument design drawings and deliverables.
- Advise the Chief Instrument Engineer of any slippages, their cause and proposed corrective action.
- Advise the Chief Instrument Engineer of any technical problems and unresolved differences with other disciplines.
- Perform Site existing infrasctructure assessments and attend to site construction queries.
- Assist in production of instrument engineering indexes and datasheets.
- Notify the Chief Instrument Engineer of all deficiencies in the flow of data or other basic information required for execution of work.
- Assist the Chief Instrument Engineer with estimates, progress assessment and control of manpower on assigned projects.
- Perform as required and supervise As Building as required for design deliverables development.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to instrument designers.
- Suggest ways to improve efficiency, costs and service in the execution of projects.
- Keep abreast of developments in the Instrument Engineering field.
- Perform any other duties assigned within reason by the Chief Instrument Engineer.
- To be technically astute and conversant with the lasted advances in technology
- Ability to deliver documentation that is technical correct to the required standard and schedule
- Understand and control Material Take Off
- Experience in a similar role within the contractor environment is essential
- Prior experience reviewing Engineering Flow Diagrams and Piping Layouts and Models with reference to assigned equipment
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.