Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Responsibilities
Weatherford have opportunities for experienced Mechanics to join the TRS (Tubular Running Services) Team in Dyce, Aberdeen. The main responsibility of the Mechanic is to repair, install, adjust or maintain industrial machinery systems in both the field and in the shop, in accordance with Weatherford guidelines.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Carry out repair and maintenance operations on rental equipment in accordance with original equipment manufacturers specifications and company work instructions, to ensure equipment is serviced to comply with quality standards and is fit for purpose for the end users - the offshore employees.
- Maintain clear and concise records of all maintenance undertaken to ensure trace ability of work carried out on the tools from start to finish.
- To undertake maintenance functions in an efficient and cost effective manner, including gauging wear and tear of equipment, ensuring fit for purpose and compliance with standards Install and/or replace new or reconditioned repair parts.
- To ensure QA systems are applied and implemented by following Company work instructions and procedures to ensure trace ability and compliance with Company standards Operate lifting devices.
- Maintain work area in a clean and safe manner at all times to prevent any incidents/accidents Responsible for QHSE within the area of accountability ensuring all personnel and contractors carry out work in safe manner using all recommended protective equipment. To ensure that cranes, forklifts, and other vehicles are operated in a safe manner and daily inspections carried out. Perform basic cutting and welding procedures with fabrication.
- To assist other departments in meeting their goals and objectives and to maintain a constant and effective level of communication with internal and external customers.
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil these.
- 2 years of technical training or equivalent.
- 2 years of mechanic/maintenance experience.
- Ability to read various types of drawings/schematics.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to learn JD Edward's operating system and functions.
- General electronic knowledge theory.
- General hydraulic knowledge theory.
- Valid drivers license.
- Work flexible schedule, including long and/or irregular hours.
- Must have a telephone and the ability to be on 24 hour call.
- Operational knowledge of Weatherford equipment and operating systems.
- Operation of counterbalance forklift trucks.
- Overhead crane certificates.
- Manual Handling training.
- Post apprenticeship experience in mechanical engineering.