Overview / Responsibilities Wood
requires a Structural Integrity Engineer
to join the team on a permanent basis. Aberdeen is the preferred location for this role, remote working within the UK would also be considered.
Wood's Structural Integrity Management team is a center of excellence for Structural Integrity Management & Advanced Analysis, with extensive experience of delivering projects on a worldwide basis.
Due to increased workload and continuing expansion, we are seeking to appoint a Structural Integrity Engineer to join this highly respected, skilled, and motivated team.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly and dynamic team of highly experienced engineers and analysts. With a strong emphasis on continuing professional development, and chartership. Full training for the role will be provided. Join a culture of innovation
, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients. Opportunity
The Role Key Responsibilities
- Exciting opportunity in the energy sector, in particular Oil and Gas industry
- Inspired, motivated, d y namic and highly technically skilled group
- Based in Aberdeen, working for clients across the world
- Group emphasis on continuing professional development, training, and chartership
- Projects covering structural integrity management and advanced structural analysis of fixed and floating structures, structural engineering, concept and FEED studies, decommissioning, onshore civil and structural facilities
- Develop strong client relationships and, provide support to business development
- Contribute to the development of our industry leading approach to Structural Integrity Management and Structural Analysis
- Take responsibility for scope definition, scheduling, delivery and budget responsibility
What we can offer
- Supporting structural integrity management projects
- Writing integrity reports and inspection scopes
- Reviewing inspection results
- Developing risk - based inspection strategies
- Carrying out structural engineering calculations
- Carrying out structural analysis
- Supporting weight control databases
- Writing technical reports and presentations
- Communication with clients and 3rd parties
- Developing your knowledge of applicable codes, standards, and industry best practice
- Developing your competency in the use of various industry packages (integrity, engineering, analysis).
- Providing support to the tendering process
- Take on reasonability for management and delivery of your projects
Skills / Qualifications
- Flexible working arrangements that balance client, team and individual needs offering hybrid and remote working where relevant -
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion ; we are an organisation actively committed to diversity and inclusion across our business
- Competitive salary with regular salary reviews to ensure we are rewarding at the right level in line with the market
- Flexible benefits package ; inclusive of 33 days annual leave (including public holidays), generous contributory pension scheme, private medical cover, 4x base salary life insurance; all of these and more that can be adapted to suit your own lifestyle
- Commitment to continued professional development; development plans that are tailored to your individual needs and interests
- Global connections ; join experts around the world who are at the leading edge of our industry, shaping the standards of our profession
- If all of this sounds good to you, review the typical responsibilities of the role and the requirements of the position below, then follow the link to apply and start your journey with Wood.
Engineering Degree in Civil, Structural, Mechanical or Naval Architecture.
- Good communication
- Motivated, and with a strong desire to learn.
- Ability to deliver consistently high-quality work
- . Open and can-do attitude; and willingness to take on assigned tasks
- Self-motivated team player with good people skills and personalities
- Actively working towards chartership
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.