The Refinery Planning Manager has the global responsibility for optimization & scheduling of refinery. This includes involvement with selection and scheduling of feedstock purchases and product sales, shipping, operating stocks, process unit scheduling & optimizing, product blending.
You will ensure that the refinery operation is safely and efficiently planned and scheduled to ensure profitability is maximised, operating stock targets are respected, and product availability for customers is maintained.
Day to day accountabilities:
- Manage the process to prepare, review, implement & optimise the monthly programme for the refinery Convert monthly programme into operating strategy for the refinery & oversee the production of daily production programme for the refinery to ensure it is executed in a safe and optimal manner.
- Work with ISO produce and implement crude supply plan.
- Coordinate imports/exports/liftings of feedstocks, intermediates and products with ISO.
- Manage refinery operating stocks to ensure optimum operation of the refinery whilst minimizing CMO and maintaining product availability.
- Ensure production of accurate stock forecast to allow management of stocks levels working in conjunction with ISO and Finance.
- Prepare feedstock and product purchase nomination for 3rd party financing these stocks with input from ISO and Finance and then implement refinery plan that respects the nomination.
The successful Candidate will need to be degree-qualified with a good technical economic background and an understanding of all refinery operations, supply operations, and refinery optimisation and economics. You will also require at least 5 years of experience in a refinery or supply and optimisation-type role. In addition, you should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with good powers of analysis and the ability to quickly assimilate data and facts and make decisions in a short time frame.
As a vital member of the team, and in return for your expertise, inclusive approach and commitment, we will provide a favourable salary and the chance to join a passionate and welcoming team.
To learn more or to apply for this full-time Head of Production Planning job in Grimsby, please get in touch with NES Fircroft today.
With over 90 years of combined experience in delivering workforce solutions to the global energy industry, NES Fircroft is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & renewable, Infrastructure, and Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide. We provide tailored staffing solutions, sourced from a global talent pool by a dedicated, discipline-specific team of consultants.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.