Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Responsibilities
The Engineering Quality Manager role is responsible to ensure implementation and compliance with quality management system procedures within the engineering function, collaborate to improve procedural documentation, ensure compliance with Engineering specifications, continuous improvement of engineering processes including critical root cause analyses of Engineering-related issues, Management of Change process within Engineering, and quality improvements related to Design for Manufacturability and Serviceability. The role brings value to Weatherford by driving transparency of defects and respective resolution, systematically reducing the cost of quality, and driving increased productivity within the engineering function through process improvement. The position reports directly to VP Quality and dotted line to the VP Engineering.
SAFETY & COMPLIANCE
- Follows all safety and compliance procedures; maintains compliance and safety as first priorities when working across all areas of the business.
- In case of concerns with safety, quality non-conformances, or integrity concerns, exercises 'Stop Work Authority' to suspend operations.
- Maintains the highest standards of corporate governance, ensuring that all activities are carried out ethically and in compliance with company policies, relevant laws, regulations, standards and industry practices in the applicable country.
- Ensure controls are in place to guarantee compliance with government regulations in relation to quality.
- Provide leadership and expertise to Engineers as it relates to quality requirements, procedures, processes, and opportunities to drive quality improvements.
- Implement procedures and business processes within the Engineering function that ensures high quality handoffs to manufacturing, supplier and R&M organizations.
- Participate in project review meetings to ensure Quality Engineering requirements are understood; participate in Engineering projects to ensure quality requirements embedded.
- Collaborate to ensure Engineering Change Notice process effective.
- Participate in Management of Change reviews; ensure Engineering is trained and adhering to procedure requirements.
- Develop and monitor Engineering Quality KPIs; analyse KPI trends to identify areas of improvement.
- Provide leadership for developing and improving Engineering processes and systems that drive quality improvement including cost of quality, drawing and BOM first pass yield, non-conformance process, management of change, etc.
- Provide leadership for audit and process compliance with a focus on Design and Development procedure, design practices and other engineering specifications.
- Support Supplier Quality team to drive changes in Engineering processes and specifications.
- Supports progress on cross functional RCAs with a significant Engineering presence.
- Drives Engineering Quality process improvement initiatives with a focus on simplification, standardization and margin impact.
- Drive continuous improvement of engineering processes through root cause analyses, including corrective and preventative actions, and process improvement techniques that reduce cost of quality and improve productivity.
- Support process improvement efforts on Alerts and Lessons learned.
- Collaborate closely with Engineering colleagues and cross functional and GeoZone Quality peers.
- Drive Quality culture through leadership meetings, employee discussions, Stop work enforcement, and role-modeling the right behaviour.
- Execute other quality tasks as requested by the VP Quality or Engineering VP.
- Supports Geozone quality team in interfacing with customers on key customer issues with a strong Engineering quality impact.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT
- Support Quality training of Engineering personnel.
- Support hiring and development of additional Engineering Quality personnel as applicable.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- 8+ years of experience in Quality assurance related in a manufacturing environment.
- 5+ years of Engineering Quality or related technical experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Prior experience in oil and gas equipment.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a Quality organization.
- Root Cause Analysis Incident Investigation Training, 5 Why and Cause & Effect experience.
- Proven experience in an ISO and API compliant quality management system.
- Working knowledge of the following recognized standards: API standards included in SC19, SC11 and SC6.
- Proven experience in quality auditing and managing external and internal audits.
- Demonstrated abilities related to problem-solving, leading complex root cause analyses and implementing cross functional and global corrective actions.
- Strong decision-making, judgement, leadership, and team-oriented skills in order to manage multiple projects.
- Experience working in a global environment.
- Proven ability to conduct audits.
- Ability to make presentations to multi-disciplined groups (including internal and external), run effective workshops and produce reports / documentation.
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written - to liaise with quality and cross functional counterparts to address quality related matters.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to evoke critical thinking.
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook).
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English proficiently.
- Oilfield services operational and technical experience.
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis.
- Lead auditor certification.
- Experience using Windchill.
- Experience leading in a matrixed organization.