Overview / Responsibilities 12 Month Contract
Wood is recruiting for a Senior Construction Planner, to join our existing on-site project team in Teesside, UK.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join one of the worlds leading Engineering & Consulting organisations to the global Energy market Project
The requirement is for a Senior Construction Planning Engineer to join our on site project team, to plan and coordinate the construction phases of the project. Key Responsibilities
Skills / Qualifications
- To be responsible for the development, maintenance and monitoring of schedules and associated documents
- Implement the planning systems as defined within the departmental and project procedures.
- Assist, where necessary, with the development of subcontractor schedules where a weakness has been identified
- Analyse and review Contractor Level III schedules and contractor level III resource loading (quantity, equipment, manpower)
- Review and approve Sub Contractors Level IV Progress (quantity installation schedule, equipment schedule and manpower mob plan)
- Review and incorporate subcontractor schedules into project master schedule.
- Development and maintenance of schedule forecast
- Identify and analyze potential project problems and recommends corrective action and follow up on recommendations
- Represents the organization in planning and scheduling meetings/presentations.
- Organize management schedule review
- Review and discuss the schedule analysis with Project Managers and Project Controls Lead
- Review and analyse look-ahead schedule and variance reports
- Review and endorse schedule impact related to change orders
- Assists in the preparation of the weekly progress reporting
- Assists in the preparation of the Job End Report as it relates to project control
- Essential Qualifications: HNC or equivalent
- Desirable Qualifications: Degree, Level 3 QCF in Planning/Project Controls
- Minimum of fifteen years broad Oil & Gas project controls / Planning experience in all project phases (ie FEED, Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Close-Out)
- Experience in managing construction schedules essential
- Experience in turnaround events / Knowledge of turnaround methodology
- Understanding of the use of norms & productivity measures
- Good IT knowledge, including Excel and Word
- Proficient in the use of Primavera P6
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English);
- Good supervisory skills
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.