- Preferred BS in Architectural, Piping, Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering Discipline
- 10 Years engineering experience with plant design, in particular equipment layout inside a process building
- Experience with equipment installation in chemical, battery, pharmaceutical manufacturing plants
- Experience with hard asset manufacturing environment, chemical, battery, pharmaceutical, etc.
- Experience drafting AutoCad drawings is highly desired (owning an AutocCad license is not required)
- Experience with 3D model drafting is a strong preference.
- Client Team with direct interaction is located in Boston, MA. Candidate with proximity to this area would greatly facilitate interactions, but not required.
The primary responsibilities for the Designer will be as follows:
- Work with Client Engineers to lay out all dispersion line processing equipment (tanks, pumps, mills, etc.) within a process building.
- Define the process building size requirements to accommodate all dispersion equipment and all process support functions: Central Control Room, maintenance shop, break room, electrical rooms, control cabinet rooms, etc.
- Provide guidance on building layout, but not provide building detailed design.
- Consider equipment installation and tie-in/implementation sequence in the layout.
- Support technical package transfer to an Engineering Firm for project continuation.
- One set of Autocad drawings showing all equipment, building envelope, and reserved process support areas. The drawing set includes at a minimum:
General arrangement and equipment plan and elevation drawings with required structural elements (platforms, etc.) identified.
- A report documenting all process building technical requirements to support the detailed building engineering design (structural, civil and architectural) by an Engineering Firm.
- A high-level 3D Model showing the major equipment and building envelope is highly desired
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.