Risk Analyst Purpose:
Performs Project Services for one or more projects that have a tactical impact on a single functional or organizational discipline. Deploys non-standard techniques to solve multiple related project services issues. Some exposure to / interaction with business leadership. Works within boundaries of Project
Services policies, procedures, and specific objectives / agreements. Has some autonomy in adjusting policies and plans independently. Responsibilities:
- Maintain observable valuation inputs e.g., exchange prices, broker quotes, derivable volatilities, and correlations to risk calculations.
- Understand physical spot price assessments and the construction of forward curves.
- Work with Market Risk analysts and traders to come up with the best forward curves possible, and to implement them in the trading systems alongside the Business Operations team.
- Regularly review assumptions and estimates in our valuation curves to ensure that they are suitable and up to date.
- Manage user testing of systems functionality and enhancements while providing feedback to key stakeholders.
- Systems and data expert ensuring that knowledge around market risk reference data & forward curve construction is well documented for the benefit of the wider Market Risk team.
- Ensure process excellence, identifying bottlenecks in Risk processes. Implementing error checking as a natural part of all processes.
- Support digitalization and automation to smooth the flow of information across the business and to remove manual tasks.
- Map and document processes, clarify accountabilities, and simplify interfaces to allow the smooth running of the Risk organization.
- End-to-end deal expert understanding risk at all parts during the life of a deal interacting with the functional experts to help identify and suggest remediation to those risks.
- Implement the Company's best practices in commodity trading risk management.
- Ensure that Risk fulfils its role as an independent "check and balance" function and is viewed as such by other parts of the organization.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement by having the courage to challenge established processes. This includes identifying inefficiencies in local and global operations and opportunities to streamline and automate shared processes and interfaces.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.