Overview / Responsibilities
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for an Structural Engineer
in our Sudbury Ontario office. This position will be reporting directly to the Civil / Structural Department Manager. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges, in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you!
You will be part of the structural engineering team delivering projects in the Power and Process industries. This includes structural steel and reinforced concrete design for industrial buildings, substation steel structures and foundations, equipment support platforms and associated foundations, pipe racks, tank foundations and various other miscellaneous structures. Responsibilities:
Skills / Qualifications
- Prepare conceptual and detailed design calculations
- Prepare engineering reports, specifications, design criteria and construction scope of work documents
- Carry out feasibility studies and prepare reports
- Work in brownfield setting for majority of projects
- Site visits and inspections as needed to remote sites for some of the brownfield projects
- Respond to RFIs from contractors and resolve field problems
- Preparation of quantity estimates for structural items
- Coordinate with vendors, contractors and clients
- Coordinating preparation of drawings with designers and checking of drawings
- Work in a multi-disciplinary environment and co-operate with other team members
- University Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering. Master's Degree with specialization in Structural Engineering will be considered an asset
- Minimum 8 to 10 years of experience required in industrial structural design
- Professional Engineer License is required
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate effective organization skills to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Foundation design experience for various types of foundations (spread, combined, mat, deep foundations)
- Experience in design of industrial building inclusive of building structure, lateral load resisting system, seismic analysis and associated building foundations
- Experience in steel and concrete design for various miscellaneous industrial structures such as pipe racks, equipment platforms, pump foundations, retaining walls, monorails, etc.
- Ability to understand client requirements and develop constructible and cost economical engineering solutions acceptable to clients
- Ability to work independently with some supervision
- Thorough knowledge in analysis and design of concrete and steel structures to Canadian codes and standards.
- Proficient in Staad.Pro
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills are mandatory
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.