Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization. Overview
We are seeking an English language speechwriter to join Aramco's Executive Writers Group (EWG) in our Media & Executive Communication Department (M&ECD). M&ECD is part of Public Affairs (PA).
The primary role will be writing speeches, talking points, and video scripts for the Chairman and CEO alongside others. and provide backup for Senior Vice Presidents, Vice Presidents & Executive Directors across the Company as assigned, covering a wide variety of subjects. Duties and Responsibilities
Candidate will be required to perform the following:
- Research, craft, and edit high quality/high impact, personalized English language speeches, talking points, and video scripts for the Chairman and CEO to deliver at a variety of domestic, regional, and international events, that position these senior executives as business and/or industry thought leaders and advance the Company's strategic vision.
- On occasion, turn a translation of a speech in Arabic into an English speech.
- Draft op-eds, executive correspondence, internal memos, year-end messages, and forewords to significant external publications for the Chairman and CEO as required.
- Align each product with corporate messaging, press releases, videos, social media, website, etc., yet do so in the voice of each customer.
- Help identify strategic speaking opportunities for these two senior executives to reach key audiences and expand our share of voice.
- Build trusted relationships with the two senior executives, their offices, proponents, and other key internal and external stakeholders.
- Immerse yourself in the company's rich heritage and ambitious future strategy, while adapting your skills to the unique Saudi Aramco environment.
A successful candidate should hold a Bachelor's degree from a world-class academic institution, although an advanced degree is preferred.
- Candidate should be writing speeches at the highest levels - preferably in the energy industry - including at least three years of speechwriting experience and at least five years in communication roles in the industry.
- Candidate must have speechwriting/comms experience in government or NGOs.
- Candidate must have Knowledge and understanding of the energy industry is highly desirable.
- Candidate must have Knowledge and understanding of international relations; business; academia; technology; and experience with different cultures is preferred.
- Candidate should be able to diplomatically engage, counsel, and influence senior executives.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.