IT Operations Management Support Analyst About SLB
Together we create amazing technology that unlocks access to energy for the benefit of all. We are a global technology company, driving energy innovation for a balanced planet. With operations in 120 countries, we have more than 98,000 from 170 different nationalities, we lead the industry focused on diversity and inclusion. Visit company website for more information. About the Bogota Information Technology Center (BITC)
The Bogota Information Technology Center (BITC) has a fundamental and critical role in SLB corporate transformation and for delivering digital solutions to the larger organization. Our company has embarked on a corporate transformation to deliver a step change in the reliability, efficiency and integration of our technologies, products, and services. Advanced technologies are key enablers to this and encompass all aspects of business systems, including the organization platform and processes. Investments in and building strong competences across our technology pillars - SAP, Digital Enterprise Systems, Data and Analytics, Digital Operations, Security are key to an integrated digital that is positioned to deliver superior results. About this role
Schlumberger Digital Operations is looking for a ITOM Monitoring Support Analyst. The incumbent will analyze, design, configure, author, implement and support Monitoring solutions for Schlumberger IT systems by configuring the ITOM monitoring tooling products:
- Operations Bridge Manager (Infrastructure Monitoring and Event Management)
- Operations Agent
- APM (Application Performance Management),
- And related data collectors:
- BPM (Business Process Monitor)
- Synthetic transactions through VuGen scripting
He/She will support IT Service Owners and IT Service Teams to ensure their end-user, infrastructure, and application monitoring fit-for-purpose. This position will include activities such as:
- Gathering requirements and engineering monitoring solutions using any of the tooling above specified.
- Maintaining and supporting monitoring configuration to ensure it is relevant.
- Maintaining and supporting data collection platforms (BPM, Sitescope) to ensure data consistency.
- Maintaining and supporting monitoring agents (Operations Agent) to ensure server monitoring health quality.
- Maintaining and supporting monitoring policies on Operations Bridge Manager
Qualifications and Requirements
- Perform the tasks necessary to analyze, design, configure, author, implement and support Schlumberger Monitoring Systems
- Work as part of a team to provide pro-active and historical end to end systems monitoring (Infrastructure and application)
- Gather and respond to the Monitoring requirements
- Provide 2nd level support for monitoring issues: Escalate and follow technical issues with L3 support (ITOM Platform team and Vendor Support) as needed
- Continuous Service Improvement & automation focus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/ Information Systems engineering or related field
- A knowledge in system administration, support and management of Windows /UNIX (Linux) OS - scripting (powershell, python) is a plus.
- An understanding of system and application monitoring technologies.
- Good understanding of the dependency, knowledge and interaction with other IT services.
- Basic understanding on TCP/IP based protocols (HTTP, SOAP, SSL/TLS) and its methods.
Other skills and abilities
SLB as an employer
- Fluent in English and a confident speaker
As a leading employer in our industry, SLB is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. SLB is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.