Company: Saudi Aramco (ASC)
Skills: Marketing, PR / Corporate Communications
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Search Engine Marketing Specialist to join the Advertising Management Group at Aramco (Communications Strategy Department). The Advertising Management Group is responsible for planning, management and optimization of the company's global and local advertising campaigns. The group ensures Aramco has a unified channel ecosystem that is optimized to reach and engage its target stakeholders and content formats - and that platforms are optimized to achieve KPIs.
As Search Engine Marketing Specialist, your primary role will be to manage the SEM media budget, work with Marketing & Sponsorship Strategy Group to plan for campaign media and execute Aramco's strategy through media buying partners, including but not limited to Google and Baidu.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Build and implement performance-oriented media plans for search campaigns
• Author and interrogate media briefs
• Ensure that the media runs accurately so that the desired message is seen and heard by Aramco stakeholders
• Maintain strong relationships with media representatives across channels
• Work with partner agencies and media owners across all channels to plan and buy media activity, both in the KSA and internationally
• Assess the value of different digital media opportunities in the context of the Aramco's business objectives
• Research innovative digital media opportunities to be presented to Senior Management as part of our innovation process
• Work with the Data & Insights group to develop media reports (e.g. competitive, post campaign analysis) and interpret data to provide useful insights
Strategic Search Engine Marketing responsibilities:
• Contribute in identifying new products, strategies and ways of working that improve SEM results and targeting capabilities
• Maintain an understanding of the various SEM channels including text, voice and image search and the role of PPC/SEM
• Help to educate internal teams on PPC/SEM strategies and tactics; engage teams in the world of digital communications by demonstrating its direct response, creative and brand building abilities
• Keep up to date with and lead the testing of new SEM products, including advanced features and beta trials for Google Ads and SA360
• Actively track in market audiences and integrate the insights with display and video campaigns
• Collaborate with agency partners and Aramco affiliate offices to implement campaign in market-specific languages
• Actively research search queries directly related to our industry to inform Aramco's search strategy and inform content creators on the newly captured topics
Leadership & Management responsibilities:
• Lead the day-to-day campaign or project development and execution
• Ensure that all campaigns follow the internal advertising and brand safety processes
• Prepare and lead performance review presentations
• Lead development of regular results analysis & reporting, recommendations and presentations
• Build an understanding of the communications strategy objectives, and develop SEM strategies to help meet those objectives
• Effectively set and manage internal stakeholder expectations
• Provide counsel to colleagues' marketing issues and opportunities
• Monitor competitors and their activity
As a successful candidate, you will hold a bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising, Media or equivalent from a leading university. A minimum of eight years' experience in search engine media buying is required.
As Search Engine Marketing Specialist, you will play a key role in ensuring that specific stakeholders and markets are connected with Aramco through strategic SEM campaigns. You are driven to provide effective media plans and budgets according to an agreed project brief. You will be familiar buying media across a broad range of owned digital channels with a specific focus on search engines and associated DSPs.
• You have extensive experience in media planning and buying
• You are highly adaptable with the ability to assimilate information quickly, particularly with budgets and timelines
• You possess a strong drive to be proactive and strive to deliver the highest quality of work in the most efficient way possible
• You have strong numerical skills and have proven experience managing large media budgets
• You are up to speed on the latest digital media trends and are able to speak to them confidently with internal stakeholders and platform providers
• You are a great collaborator and are able to bring people together around common goals
• You have absolute attention to detail, are highly organized and thorough
• You show willingness to voice challenges and opportunities
• You have excellent communications skills at all levels, including presentation skills - formal and informal to differing audiences
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.