As a Project Surveyor for Cable Installation Delivery (CID) you will be part of a team of Project Surveyors focussed on providing the technical expertise, procedures and supervision of offshore and onshore delivery to meet the demanding offshore survey and positioning activities and the required geospatial and reporting deliverables for subsea cable installation
You will work as part of an integrated project team to review client requirements, develop associated methodologies, procedures and budgets and facilitate between internal functions and external suppliers to deliver the required services.
The role sits within the larger global Survey & Inspection team with opportunities to be involved with other discipline experts working on a wide array of subsea installation and IRM projects for oil & gas and offshore renewables.
- Provision of survey support to Fixed Wind renewables projects throughout the project life cycle including technical and commercial input to tenders
- Develop project procedures and quality plans in alignment with company processes
- Ensure that offshore personnel requirements are identified and communicated in a timely manner to the Survey Operations Manager and Offshore Survey Skillpool
- Identify required equipment and communicate these requirements to the internal survey engineering support group to ensure timely delivery of equipment to worksites
- Attend Client interface meetings as required
- Attend onshore calibrations and liaise with 3rd. party service providers
- Undertake project briefings/ debriefings during periods of mob / demobilisation with key survey personnel / other project personnel
- Act as liaison on behalf of project both with internal and external interfaces
- Ensure that end of trip reports are closed out in a timely manner with lessons learned being captured and communicated
- Collaborate with other Project Survey and Engineering personnel as required
What experience would we like you to have?
- A degree in a Survey related science subject or professional association is preferred.
- Demonstrable experience in an offshore survey position working in the subsea construction industry is essential
- High level of knowledge and understanding of current offshore construction/IMR/survey techniques and technologies
- Experience with survey operations within Offshore Wind Farm cable installation and burial desirable but not essential
- Use of standard business IT applications such as the Microsoft Suite.
- Highly collaborative, with effective written and verbal communication, including report writing.
- Self-motivated and able to adapt to changing priorities in a 24/7 operational environment
- Ability to plan, prioritise and maintain own work with minimal supervision to meet deadlines and other operational requirements, while contributing to the wider team as required.
- Solutions based, proactively seeks to identify and resolve potential issues.
- Flexibility towards working hours and location to meet business needs
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.