Company: NES Fircroft
Skills: Engineering Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Taiwan, Taiwan
Offshore wind company is looking to recruit a Operations Engineer to join Taipei office. The Operations Engineer (OE) assists the Project Operations Manager to manage the activities of the installation spread involved in the Project, together with the onshore logistic support. The OE is based in the Office with frequent missions on site or based on site full time during operations execution phase. The OE requires Engineering inputs to all operational activities for Offshore and Onshore Logistic support.
The OE can also be assigned to a specific tender where they will develop the Execution Plan, the associated offshore schedule, define the marine spread requirements and associated logistics plan for onshore and offshore purpose
What will your responsibilities be?
· Ensuring that the offshore spreads are prepared and ready for offshore operations, with a particular attention to Certification, Bridging documentation, SIMOPS, & Safety Assurance Process.
· Ensuring that the installation spreads have full support, in terms of Logistic, Transportation, Safety, & Certification etc.
· Review the offshore installation procedures established by the project's Engineering.
· Assist Project Engineers, Field Engineers for vessel readiness, & mobilization activities. Ensures project equipment is mobilized in an efficient and timely fashion.
· Liaise with various functions such as OR, FID, CID etc. for any specific requirement related to the project's operation, in terms of crew, equipment, spares etc.
· Develop and issues requisition for the supply of operations & Logistic dedicated equipment.
· Supervise material tracking activity through the project's material tracker, and ensure equipment inspection, readiness, delivery, tracking and demobilization.
· Review all 3rd Party Spread Standard Operating Procedures.
· Implement any specific mobilization activities, including development of procedures, task plan, as instructed.
· Ensures project equipment is demobilized in an efficient and timely fashion.
· Manage and monitor cargo barges & Support vessels preparation,
· Follow up support vessels assignment during the project.
· Liaise with Customer in-country, with regards to all certification, assets preparation process & Logistic support.
· Assist and provide Engineering input as required to the In-Country Operation Manager, during the project.
· Assist in the co-ordination of the logistic support activities, through the in-country logistic organization.
· Provide technical input to In-Country SCM for any local services required.
· Follow-up & report in-country expense
· Ensure that all aspects of project Safety, Health & Quality are implemented on each of the Onshore work sites under his responsibility and report to Project's HSE organization as necessary.
What are we looking for?
· Preferred minimum of 5 years' experience in offshore construction including shallow waters,
· Experience in large EPCI and SURF, in particular Logistic Supports, Mobilization, Field Engineering
· Skilled in co-ordination of support Services and subcontractors.
· Good knowledge of mandarin language (not essential)
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.