Overview / Responsibilities
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Structural Designer/Checker. Reporting to the Department Manager, Civil, Structural & Architectural, this position is located in our Saskatoon, SK office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you. Come be your very best YOU at Wood.
Wood is one of Canada's longest standing engineering firms with roots dating back to 1907 with a presence in Saskatchewan for over 60 years - The Saskatoon office is the Potash Centre of Excellence and leaders in uranium, lithium and other base metals with multi-discipline expertise leading sustaining capital and all phases of projects from concept studies up to large scale EPCM projects. Come join the elite Wood team!! Why Wood - you ask ? It's an opportunity to:
Join the Potash Centre of Excellence - working with, learning from and becoming world-class experts!
- Grow YOUR career with a team that truly cares about your personal development and advancement.
- Enjoy Hybrid / Flexible working options
- Work on challenging, innovative and sustainable solutions for potash, lithium, uranium and base metal projects
- Collaborate with our national & global mining teams
- Work on projects abroad - we have offices in 30 countries worldwide
- Enjoy a competitive benefits package that includes: progressive matching RRSP's, medical, dental, parental leave, employee / family assistance / mental wellness programs, among many others)
Wood's Mining & Minerals business performs consulting and EPCM services for many of the world's leading mining companies and is executing world-class projects on five continents. Key Responsibilities
Skills / Qualifications
- Provide structural design, 3D modeling and drafting support for the construction or repair of industrial buildings, facilities and services
- Prepare drawings for structural steel, reinforced concrete, masonry, and/or wood structures using AutoCAD and/or AutoCAD/Plant 3D and Advanced Steel, and/or Aveva E3D and/or PDMS and/or Bentley ProStructures
- Review project documents prior to issue for scope and presentation against project standards and specifications
- Supervising, coordinating and working with project team members
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Technical diploma with experience in structural design and drafting
- 3D Design / drafting experience with advanced skills using one or more of the following design programs:
- AutoCAD Plant 3D and Advanced Steel
- Aveva E3D and/or PDMS
- Bentley ProStructures computer skills
- Comprehensive and thorough understanding of structural and architectural engineering aspects of light to heavy industrial projects
- Experience working on mining and/or heavy industrial projects would be considered an asset
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple tasks
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Current Authorization to lawfully work in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.